Planning and forecasting
In this section
AEMO provides planning and forecasting information to support efficient decision-making and long-term investment in Australia's electricity markets and infrastructure services. This information is used to support industry and government in their operation.
To accompany planning and forecasting reports, AEMO produces interactive maps, graphs, and data that provides essential information and insights to government, investors, and stakeholders to enable competitive markets, efficient investment, and network planning, for the long-term benefit of consumers.
National Electricity Market (NEM) planning and forecasting information can be broken into the following:
- Interactive maps and dashboards.
- Electricity Forecasting Insights (EFI).
- Previous National Electricity Forecasting Report (NEFR).
- NEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO).
- National Transmission Network Development Plan (NTNDP).
- Victorian Transmission Network Service Provider role.
- Independent regional (state/territory) planning reports.
- Load forecasting for pre-dispatch and STPASA.
- Solar and wind energy forecasting.
- Transmission connection point forecasting for NEM states and territories.
- Generation information.
- South Australia Advisory Function reports.
- Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP) reports.