Register as a Trader in the NEM

This page outlines the requirements for registering as a Trader in the National Electricity Market (NEM).

Anyone who wants to take part in a Settlements Residue Auction (SRA), and is not already registered as a customer or generator, must register as a trader.

Registration documents

These are the documents needed for registration.

Supporting documents

Any document shown in this section is required in support of your application or to assist.

Settlement Residue Auctions (SRAs)

To participate in Settlement Residue Auctions as a Trader, you must first meet the eligibility criteria for registration as a Trader, and you must provide evidence that you are a ‘wholesale client’ (not a retail client) as defined in clause 761G(4) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The following guide is designed to help applicants assess what information they must provide.

SRA participation form

If you meet the eligibility criteria, please complete the following form to participate in the SRA and be eligible for registration as a Trader.

Cookies help us improve your website experience.
By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.