Real-Time Consumption Information Requirements For Demand Side Programmes
A Market Participant who has been assigned DSM Capacity Credits must, in accordance with step 4.8.1 of the Power System Operation Procedure (PSOP): Dispatch and in the time and manner specified by AEMO, provide AEMO with, for each Trading Interval, the then current consumption, in MW, of:
- each Associated Load of the Demand Side Programme (DSP); and
- the DSP, which must equal the sum of the consumption of all Associated Loads of that DSP.
AEMO must, in accordance with step 4.8.2 of the PSOP: Dispatch, publish the “time and manner” on the Market website. AEMO’s requirements are real-time MW consumption data for each DSP and Associated Load, with a resolution of 5 minutes or less that is either accessible by, or transmitted to, AEMO in the following manner:
- SCADA (via the Network Operator); or
- Some other method of information provision in real-time. While AEMO may determine a firm method in the future, this data could be provided via:
- A web-portal provided by the Participant;
- An AEMO API (yet to be finalised, which would become the requirement at some point); or
- Another method agreed by AEMO.