Reserve Capacity Mechanism
The Reserve Capacity Mechanism (RCM) education session provides background on the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in Western Australia (WA), including the history of the RCM, with a strong emphasis on the features of the capacity market.
- Information on annual publications like the WEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities.
- The concept of capacity credits.
- The certification process through which certified facilities can get paid to offer capacity into the market.
- Obligations certified facilities must meet to receive capacity payments.
- The consequences of a facility failing to meet its reserve capacity obligations.
- The different cost allocations captured through the individual reserve capacity requirement mechanism.
Attendees of the course will gain in-depth knowledge into the RCM.
|13 February 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Full|
|12 March 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Open for enrolments|
|23 April 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Open for enrolments|
|21 May 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Open for enrolments|
|18 June 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Open for enrolments|
- The course is free to WEM participants.
- Non-WEM participants: $150 (plus GST) per person.
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For bulk enrolments (10 attendee or more), please contact email@example.com.