Reserve Capacity Mechanism
Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) courses are now offered in either virtual or in-person settings. Courses in Perth will be held in-person at AEMO's offices, and remain subject to any local physical distancing restrictions and/or gathering limits.
The Reserve Capacity Mechanism (RCM) education session provides background on the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in Western Australia (WA), including the history of the RCM, with a strong emphasis on the features of the capacity market.
- Information on annual publications like the WEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities.
- The concept of capacity credits.
- The certification process through which certified facilities can get paid to offer capacity into the market.
- Obligations certified facilities must meet to receive capacity payments.
- The consequences of a facility failing to meet its reserve capacity obligations.
- The different cost allocations captured through the individual reserve capacity requirement mechanism.
Attendees of the course will gain in-depth knowledge into the RCM.
- The course is free to WEM participants.
- Non-WEM participants: $150 (plus GST) per person.
The vital nature of eLearning
Please be advised that the eLearning component of the course contains fundamental information that is vital for you getting the most value from the instructor-led sessions. We highly recommend that all attendees complete the eLearning prior to the instructor-led sessions to capitalise on the information provided during the course.
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For bulk enrolments (10 attendee or more), please contact email@example.com.