Overview of the Short Term Trading Market
With reduced restrictions around the country, a selected number of AEMO instructor-led courses will be scheduled for in-person delivery. These will remain subject to any change to restriction levels, and participants will need to comply with all government requirements in order to attend.
The Overview of the Short Term Trading Market (STTM) course will provide attendees with a broad understanding of how gas works in this market.
- AEMO’s gas markets: eastern and south eastern markets,
Gas Bulletin Board and Wallumbilla & Moomba gas hubs.
- About the STTM – how it operates, key arrangements with
trading participants, market fundamentals, emergency
- About the DWGM –Declared Transmission System operations
in Victoria, trading participant arrangements, system
security, key market concepts and processes.
- Settlements and Prudentials – Markets settlements
comparison, settlement and prudential concepts explained.
- The Gas Supply Hub – Why a gas exchange?, registering for
the GSH, market and legal frameworks, trading and market
operation, gas delivery, market support.
Face-to-face (single-day) class
Virtual (2 half-day) sessions
The fundamentals of natural gas.
Key market structure and processes.
- The roles of the different categories of participants and
other key players in this market, and the
inter-relationships between them.
- How trading takes place in the market.
Settlement of the STTM.
Attendees of the course will gain an understanding of AEMO's role in the STTM.
$480 (plus GST) per person
How to enrol
AEMO Learning Academy
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses
- Add the education course to the Cart
- Create an individual log in
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.