The Congestion Information Resource (CIR) provides information, in a cost effective manner, to National Electricity Market (NEM) participants that enables an understanding of network congestion patterns and projections of market outcomes in the presence of network congestion.
In accordance with clause 3.7A of the National Electricity Rules (Rules) AEMO, in consultation with stakeholders, develops and publishes the CIR Guidelines. This consultation is performed on an annual basis.
This consultation is being conducted under clause 3.7A of the Rules in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in clause 8.9 of the Rules to ensure that the CIR and CIR Guidelines are continually developed to match stakeholder needs.
Any queries should be directed to Ben Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final Stage Consultation Documents
- Final Report and Determination (652 KB, pdf)
- Congestion Information Resource Guidelines (481 KB, pdf)
Second Stage Consultation Documents
- Draft Report and Determination (595 KB, pdf)
- Congestion Information Resource Guidelines 2018 Draft (683 KB, pdf)
Second Stage Submissions
AEMO received no submissions to the second stage consultation.
First Stage Consultation Documents
- Notice First Stage of Consultation (290 KB, pdf)
- Congestion Information Resource Guidelines 2018 (679 KB, pdf)