VPP Demonstrations reference information
As part of the October release (R2) of the VPP demonstrations, AEMO introduced the new API Management Platform (APIGEE) to VPP trial participants. All the participant facing APIs are deployed on the APIGEE platform.
The VPP Demonstrations participants will now be able to consume the Enrolment, Contingency FCAS Response and VPP Operational data APIs. This allows VPP Demonstrations participants to submit data in real time.
The external APIs enables AEMO to:
- Access near real time data from VPPs;
- On-board new proponents into the VPP trials.
The VPP Demonstrations participants are now able to submit new site and DER device information on a regular basis as their fleet size grows.
For more details on these participant facing API’s please refer to below links.
- Link to API specification: https://dev.aemo.com.au
- VPP Demonstrations Release Schedule and Technical Specification (DRAFT)
- AEMO eHub guide
Arena funding announcement April 2019
AEMO has secured funding from the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) for its Virtual Power Plant (VPP) demonstrations to advance the integration of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) in Australia’s electricity network. AEMO's full media statement can be seen here.
Consultation Paper November 2018
In November 2017 AEMO published a consultation paper to seek feedback on a proposed framework for the VPP Demonstrations.
- VPP Demonstrations Consultation Paper (678 KB, pdf)
AEMO held two stakeholder webinars to facilitate further discussion on the consultation paper prior to a deadline for written submission. The details for these webinars, and the non-confidential written submissions received are below.
VPP Demonstrations Webinar #1 on 4 December 2018
VPP Demonstrations Webinar #2 on 17 December 2018
- VPP Demonstrations Webinar recording on 17 December 2018 (32 MB, mp4)
- VPP Demonstrations Webinar presentation on 17 December 2018 (2.5 MB, pptx)
- ECA (358 KB, pdf)
- EQL (461 KB, pdf)
- Embertec (57 KB, pdf)
- ActewAGL (139 KB, pdf)
- AGL (343 KB, pdf)
- CEC (163 KB, pdf)
- CEEM (1.4 MB, pdf)
- ENA (640 KB, pdf)
- EnergyAustralia (214 KB, pdf)
- Freedom Power (33 KB, pdf)
- Karit (86 KB, pdf)
- LO3 (60 KB, pdf)
- Monash (183 KB, pdf)
- Mondo (435 KB, pdf)
- Origin (139 KB, pdf)
- Power Ledger (196 KB, pdf)
- Ready.Energy (110 KB, pdf)
- Reposit (182 KB, pdf)
- SandC Electric Company (551KB, pdf)
- Simply Energy (92 KB, pdf)
- Sonnen (133 KB, pdf)
- SZE (143 KB, pdf)
- Tesla (250 KB, pdf)
- Tukio (886 KB, pdf)
- Wattwatchers (147 KB, pdf)
- Western Power (610 KB, pdf)