2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
In this section
In this section
The publication of the Scenarios Report and Consultation Paper Responses reports concludes AEMO’s consultation on the scenarios, inputs, assumptions, methodology, timeline and consultation process for AEMO’s collection of Forecasting and Planning publications, including the NEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) and the Integrated System Plan (ISP).
AEMO thanks the broad range of stakeholders from across the energy industry for their valuable contributions that helped inform the scenarios, inputs, assumptions and methodologies summarised on this page.
AEMO’s timeline for this consultation is outlined below.
Submissions to this Consultation have assisted improvements in the quality of the input data and assumptions used in AEMO’s planning and forecasting work, and increase the accuracy, robustness and reasonableness of conclusions and insights of publications such as the ESOO and ISP.
Deliverable Indicative date Status Forecasting and Planning Consultation published Tuesday 5 February 2019 Completed Submissions on Forecasting and Planning Consultation received Wednesday 20 March 2019 Completed Submission summary briefing webinar Wednesday 3 April 2019 Completed Scenarios Consultation Workshop Friday 12 April 2019 Completed Consumer engagement approach and Integrated System Plan workshop Tuesday 21 May 2019 Completed Scenarios and Assumptions briefing Monday 3 June 2019 Completed Final scenario and assumptions report published Friday 16 August 2019 Completed
These documents contain information provided by AEMO at workshops and briefings during AEMO’s 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation on scenarios, inputs and assumptions.
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation Paper (2.2 MB, pdf)
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation Responses (658 KB, pdf)
- 2019 Forecasting and Planning Scenarios, Inputs and Assumptions Report (2.8 MB, pdf)
- 2019 Inputs and Assumptions Workbook v1.2 (2.8 MB, xlsx)
- Archived Assumptions Workbooks
Event Date Download Stakeholder workshop to address questions of clarification 19 February 2019 Briefing Workshop slides (516 KB, pdf) Briefing webinar to summarise submissions received 3 April 2019 Briefing Webinar slides (1.5 MB, pdf) Stakeholder workshop to explore scenarios and resolve issues
(in person at Boston Consulting Group’s offices, Sydney)
12 April 2019 Workshop pack (3.4 pdf) Forecasting and Planning Scenarios briefing 3 June 2019 Briefing workshop slides (3.2 MB, pdf)
Reference materials used to support the development of the inputs and assumptions.
Planning and Forecasting consultation submissions
- AGL Energy Limited (127 KB, pdf)
- Ausnet Services (516 KB, pdf)
- Australian Energy Council (AEC) (92 KB, pdf)
- Australian Energy Regulator (AER) (145 KB, pdf)
- Clean Energy Council (CEC) (248 KB, pdf)
- Energy Australia (EA) (222 KB, pdf)
- Energy Network Australia (ENA) (1.0 KB, pdf)
- Energy Network Australia (ENA) – Social Discount Rate analysis (Houston Kemp Economist) (186 KB, pdf)
- ENGIE (854 KB, docx)
- Ergon Energy Retail (53 KB, docx)
- ERM Power Limited (260 KB, pdf)
- Ernst & Young (294 KB, pdf)
- Hydro Tasmania (3.9 MB, pdf)
- Investor Group on Climate Change (482 KB, pdf)
- Infigen Energy Limited (524 KB, pdf)
- Meridian Energy (90 KB, pdf)
- Origin (182 KB, pdf)
- Snowy Hydro Ltd (382 KB, pdf)
- Stanwell Corporation Ltd (733 KB, pdf)
- Tasmanian Networks Pty Ltd (905 KB, pdf)
- Tesla Motors Australia Pty Ltd (160 KB, pdf)
- TransGrid (4.4 MB, pdf)
- University of Melbourne (351 KB, pdf)
- Walcha Energy (1.2 MB, pdf)
- WSP Australia Pty Ltd (30 KB, pdf)
Should you have any questions about any information contained on this page, or would like to share any evidence or comments that could help us for the 2019-20 Forecasting and Planning publications, please email the team: firstname.lastname@example.org