National Electricity Market Overview - elearning and face-to-face
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - elearning and face-to-face
- National Electricity Market (NEM) Fundamentals
- National Electricity Market Overview - elearning
- Metrology for the NEM
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets - elearning
- Overview of the Declared Wholesale Gas Market
- Overview of the Short Term Trading Market
- Gas Fundamentals
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
The popular National Electricity Market (NEM) Overview course broadly covers the NEM and its operational requirements.
- Introduction to the NEM
- NEM regulatory regime and the National Electricity Rules
- The network
- The power system and how it operates
- Market operation – spot pricing and dispatch
- Ancillary services
- Financial markets and the NEM
Face-to-face one-day class
- The NEM: recap of e-learning
- NEM network and the power system
- NEM spot pricing and dispatch
- Managing the power system using ancillary services
- The specifics of metering
- Settling the NEM – a case study
- How participants manage risk in the NEM
Attendees of the course will gain a broad understanding of how the NEM operates as a physical power system and a wholesale market for electricity.
$436 (plus GST) per person.
14 November 2019
21 November 2019
28 November 2019
5 December 2019
The vital nature of e-learning
Please be advised that the NEM e-learning contains base information that is vital for you getting the most value from the follow up face-to-face sessions. We highly recommend that all attendees complete as many e-learning modules as possible before the face-to-face session to capitalise on the information provided on the day.
How to enrol:
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
- "Excellent course - one of the best I have been to."
- "Very well organised, presenters were top-notch and well-versed in their particular areas of experience."
- "Was a great course and I got loads out of it – thank you."
- "The presenters have excellent communication skills. Very impressive."
For further information, please contact email@example.com.