Notice of Determination
- Notice of determination (340 KB, pdf)
The Procedures can be found here.
Public consultation on Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedures and associated amendments to the GSH Exchange Agreement
On 29 June 2018 the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Energy Council (Energy Council) agreed to implement the legal and regulatory framework required to give effect to the capacity trading reform package. The implementation of the capacity trading reforms also requires AEMO to make the Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedures as well as make amendments to the GSH Exchange Agreement.
Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedures
- Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedures (1.7 MB, pdf)
- I&IR for Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedures (254 KB, pdf)
GSH Exchange Agreement Amendments
- GSH Exchange Agreement Change Schedule (1181 KB, pdf)
- GSH Settlement and Prudential Methodology (441 KB, pdf)
- Capacity Product Table (239 KB, pdf)
- I&IR for CTP Exchange Agreement Amendments (246 KB, pdf)
Capacity Transfer and Auction Interface Protocol
- Capacity Transfer and Auction Interface Protocol (548 KB, pdf)
- Guide to Capacity Trading and Day-ahead Auction Transactions (clean) (1.56 MB, pdf)
- Guide to Capacity Trading and Day-ahead Auction Transactions (marked up) (1.6 MB, pdf)
- Guide to Capacity Trading and Day-ahead Auction Reports (1.3 MB, pdf)
- Guide to Gas Supply Hub Reports (marked up) (1.3 MB, pdf)
Note: This document forms part of the Gas Supply Hub Interface Protocol and has been modified to include changes relating to these reforms
AEMO invites stakeholders to provide feedback on the Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedures and GSH Exchange Agreement in writing using the stakeholder feedback template to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28 September 2018.
- Stakeholder Feedback Template (117 KB, docx)
The consultation period has now closed. Public submissions are published below.
- Lochard (211 KB, pdf)
- AGL (160 KB, pdf)
- APLNG (1.1 MB, pdf)
- Jemena (1.0 MB, pdf)
- Shell (230 KB, pdf)
- Palisade (136 KB, pdf)
Consistent with the approach that is usually employed when changes of this nature are made to the legal and regulatory framework, the final versions of the NGL, Regulations, NGR and Code will only be published once they are made. Amendments to the NGL required to implement the capacity trading reform package were tabled in the South Australian Parliament on 2 August, a copy of the Bill can be found at the link below:
As the NGR amendments and Code are not available to stakeholders during the consultation period, GMRG prepared an information paper that summarises the final design of the capacity trading reforms:
GMRG also prepared and published a guidance note on AEMO’s role, the requirements for the Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedures and the Bulletin Board Procedures, registration arrangements and the recovery of AEMO’s costs.
The Capacity Transfer and Auction Procedure and the GSH Exchange Agreement amendments should be reviewed in conjunction with the GMRG’s information paper and guidance notes.