New South Wales and ACT
Please find below the retail market procedures, guidelines and industry information for New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).
- Retail Market Procedures (NSW/ACT) version 23 (clean) – Effective 1 October 2019 (1.78 MB, pdf)
- Retail Market Procedures (NSW/ACT) version 23 (marked up) – Effective 1 October 2019 (1.77 MB, pdf)
- Notice of Transition End Date
- Register of Balancing Arrangements
- MIRN Structure Document – effective 8 December 2017 (620 KB, pdf)
- NSW-ACT High-Low Tolerance Test version 2.0 – 29 September 2016
- NSW-ACT High-Low Tolerance Test version 3.0 – 27 June 2019 (82 KB, PDF)
Industry technical documentation
NSW-ACT Gas Interface Protocol (GIP)
NSW-ACT specific Participant Build Pack (Participant Build Pack 5) and NSW-ACT Wagga Wagga and Tamworth specific Build Pack (Participant Build Pack 6) defines the behavior of the business and IT systems. The NSW-ACT Retail Market uses all the interfaces described in Participant Build Pack 1, 2 and 3 unless otherwise specified in Participant Build Packs 5 and 6.
- Gas Interface Protocol v8 – clean – effective 1 October 2019 (303 KB, pdf)
- Gas Interface Protocol v7 – effective 4 Dec 2017 (303 KB, pdf)
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT v5 clean – effective 1 October 2019 (4 MB, pdf)
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT v5 marked up – effective 1 October 2019 (4 MB, pdf)
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT v4 - clean – effective 4 Dec 2017 (6.3 MB, pdf)
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT v4 - marked Up – effective 4 Dec 2017 (6.3 MB, pdf)
- Participant Build Pack 6 – NSW-ACT Wagga Wagga & Tamworth v2 – clean – effective 4 Dec 2017 (4.0 MB, pdf)
- Participant Build Pack 6 – NSW-ACT Wagga Wagga & Tamworth v2 – marked Up – effective 4 Dec 2017 (4.2 KB, pdf)
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT v3 – clean – effective 5 April 2017
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT v3 – marked Up – effective 5 April 2017
- Participant Build Pack 6 – NSW-ACT Wagga Wagga & Tamworth v1 – effective 2 May 2016
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT Process Flow Diagrams v2 – effective 29 September 2017 (1 MB, pdf)
- HUB ID Table – 20 December 2019 (67 KB, pdf)
- AEMO Guideline for NSW-ACT User Based Gas Reconciliation
- Guide to Participant Imbalance Amounts
- Protocol for User Cumulative Imbalance Stacks
- SCLP Amount Calculation clause 8.11.1
- FCLP Methodology and Validity Criteria – clause 8.6.7 8.6.9
- Consumed Energy Validation Range – clause 3.6.10 (285 KB, pdf)
- User Cumulative Imbalance (CI) Stacks – 27 February 2020 (61 KB, pdf)
- AEMO Independent Review Opinion Letter – NSW ACT
- AEMO Independent Review Report – NSW ACT Retail Gas Market 2015
For previous versions of documents please contact the AEMO Information & Support Hub.Lost Gas Customers
Since the introduction of Full Retail Contestability (FRC) in the NSW and ACT Gas Retail Market in 2002, there have been a limited number of incidents where gas customers have been inadvertently transferred to other gas retailers as a result of human error. A contributing factor to this situation occurring was that the affected gas customers had been unable to ascertain the identity of the gas retailer that serviced their gas delivery point.
As a result of consultation conducted by the previous market operator, Gas Market Company Limited (GMC), a gas retailer discovery process has been developed that enables a gas customer to contact any NSW/ACT gas retailer, the Department of Water and Energy (DWE), or the Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON), to find out the identity of their current gas retailer within one business day. This formalised process ensures that a NSW/ACT gas customer is never placed in a position where they do not know the identity of their current gas retailer for a sustained period of time.
The gas industry’s agreed protocol for finding “lost” gas customers in the NSW and ACT Gas Retail Market is available in PDF format below.
Operating Procedure: Gas Industry Protocol for Identifying a Gas Customer’s Current Gas Retail
03 November 2014 | (516 KB, pdf)
09 March 2010 | (116 KB, pdf)
Please note: AEMO’s contact details have changed. Participants should not use the ones set out in the above Finding A Customer’s Retailer document on page 14, but instead use the address and contact details below:
If you would like to further information on the gas retailer discovery process, please contact:
Level 22, 530 Collins St
Tel: 1300 858 724
For previous versions of documents, or more information, please contact the AEMO Information & Support Hub.