Market ancillary services specification and FCAS verification tool
In this section
In this section
- Ancillary services causer pays contribution factors
- Network support and control ancillary services procedures and guidelines
- System restart ancillary services guidelines
- Market ancillary services specification and FCAS verification tool
- Regional benefit ancillary services procedure
- Frequency and time deviation monitoring
The market ancillary services specification (MASS) contains:
- A detailed description of each kind of market ancillary service.
- The performance parameters and requirements which must be satisfied for a service to qualify as the relevant market ancillary service, and also when a market participant provides the relevant kind of market ancillary service.
- Verification procedures for market ancillary services.
Market Ancillary Service Specification v4.0 – effective 1 May 2012
30 Mar 2012 | 1.54 mb (.pdf)
The FCAS verification tool (FCASVT) is an Excel spreadsheet that has been made available to NEM participants to calculate FCAS delivered by their plant.
The FCASVT will calculate fast raise (R6), slow raise (R60), delayed raise (R5), fast lower (L6), slow lower (L60), and delayed lower (L5), delivered in accordance with the MASS. The FCASVT also allows the user to inspect in detail how the MASS is applied in processing data to arrive at a result.
(External) MASS 4.0 FCAS Verification Tool_v2.08
26 May 2014 | filesize: 9.34 MB (.xlsx)
FCAS Verification Tool User Guide
26 May 2014 | filesize: 831 KB (.pdf)