Pricing event reports
In this section
AEMO prepares and publishes reports on significant price events to support market transparency, by highlighting unusual pricing outcomes in the NEM and providing information on the factors that contributed to these outcomes.
The reports explain:
- The factors contributing to the abnormal pricing outcomes.
- Whether outcomes were consistent with dispatch offers and power system conditions.
- The performance of pre-dispatch in forecasting the abnormal outcomes.
A pricing event occurs when the:
- Maximum daily spot price (trading interval price) in any region is more than $2,000/MWh.
- Minimum daily spot price for any region is less than -$100/MWh.
- Maximum daily Frequency Control Ancillary Services (FCAS) half hourly averaged prices, for any FCAS service:
- In Tasmania exceeds $3,000/MWh.
- In all other regions in the NEM exceeds $300/MWh.
For a succinct summary of factors contributing to price event outcomes and an outline of the price event reports that AEMO intends to publish, please click here.Pricing reports September 2017Pricing reports June 2017Pricing reports May 2017Pricing reports April 2017Pricing reports March 2017
26 March 2017 - High FCAS price Mainland 20-21 March 2017 - High energy and FCAS Price SA 12 March 2017 - Low energy price SA 07 March 2017 - High FCAS price SA 03 March 2017 - High energy price SA 01 March 2017 - High energy price SAPricing reports February 2017Pricing reports January 2017Pricing reports December 2016Pricing reports November 2016Pricing reports October 2016Pricing reports September 2016Pricing reports August 2016 Combined Reports - August 2016 31 August to 02 September 2016 - High FCAS price SA 11 August 2016 to 12 August 2016 - High FCAS price SA 10 August 2016 - High FCAS price SA 01 August 2016 - High Energy price SAPricing reports July 2016Pricing reports June 2016 Combined Reports - June 2016 28 June 2016 - High Energy price SA 27 June 2016 - High Energy price SA 08 June 2016 - High FCAS price QLD 03 June 2016 - High FCAS price MainlandPricing reports May 2016Pricing reports April 2016Pricing reports March 2016Pricing reports February 2016Pricing reports January 2016Pricing reports December 2015Pricing reports November 2015Pricing reports October 2015 Combined Reports - October 2015 15 October 2015 to 26 October 2016 - High FCAS price SA 11 October 2015 to 13 October 2016 - High FCAS price SAPricing reports September 2015 Combined Reports - September 2015 23 September 2015 - High Energy price NSW, High FCAS price QLD 22 September 2015 - High Energy price SA VIC TAS 17 September 2015 - High Energy price SAPricing reports August 2015