Pricing event reports
AEMO prepares and publishes reports on significant price events to support market transparency, by highlighting unusual pricing outcomes in the NEM and providing information on the factors that contributed to these outcomes. Pricing event reports are brief and are posted within four business days of the event.
The reports explain:
- The factors contributing to the abnormal pricing outcomes.
- Whether outcomes were consistent with dispatch offers and power system conditions.
- The performance of pre-dispatch in forecasting the abnormal outcomes.
The reports are produced when the:
- Maximum daily spot price (trading interval price) in any region is more than $2,000/MWh (AEMO may also publish a brief report if the maximum daily spot price in any region is between $500/MWh and $2,000/MWh).
- Minimum daily spot price for any region is less than -$100/MWh.
- Maximum daily sum of Frequency Control Ancillary Services (FCAS) half hourly averaged prices:
- In Tasmania exceeds $3,000/MWh.
- In all other regions in the NEM exceeds $150/MWh.
The document Factors Contributing to Differences between Dispatch and Pre-dispatch Outcomes explains the factors that can contribute to forecasting differences between dispatch and pre-dispatch outcomes.Pricing reports September 2016
16 September 2016 - High FCAS price SA 13 September 2016 - High FCAS price SA 06 - 10 September 2016 - High FCAS, Negative and High Energy price SA 05 September 2016 - High Energy price in SAPricing reports August 2016 Combined Reports - August 2016 31 August to 02 September 2016 - High FCAS price SA 11 August 2016 to 12 August 2016 - High FCAS price SA 10 August 2016 - High FCAS price SA 01 August 2016 - High Energy price SAPricing reports July 2016Pricing reports June 2016 Combined Reports - June 2016 28 June 2016 - High Energy price SA 27 June 2016 - High Energy price SA 08 June 2016 - High FCAS price QLD 03 June 2016 - High FCAS price MainlandPricing reports May 2016Pricing reports April 2016Pricing reports March 2016Pricing reports February 2016Pricing reports January 2016Pricing reports December 2015Pricing reports November 2015Pricing reports October 2015 Combined Reports - October 2015 15 October 2015 to 26 October 2016 - High FCAS price SA 11 October 2015 to 13 October 2016 - High FCAS price SAPricing reports September 2015 Combined Reports - September 2015 23 September 2015 - High Energy price NSW, High FCAS price QLD 22 September 2015 - High Energy price SA VIC TAS 17 September 2015 - High Energy price SAPricing reports August 2015