Work package 1: WDR guidelines
The WDR guidelines is a newly required document (NER clause 3.10.1), applying to AEMO and registered participants. The guidelines will cover a range of new processes, requirements and methodologies that are necessary to implement the WDR mechanism. AEMO is required to publish the WDR guidelines no later than 24 June 2021.
The WDR guidelines will include:
- Requirements for classification & aggregation of WDRUs
- Process for developing baseline methodologies, including new proposals
- Process to apply baseline methodology and baseline settings to a WDRU
- Process to change the maximum responsive component of a WDRU
- Arrangements for providing details applicable to a WDRU (baseline methodology/settings, maximum responsive component)
- Telemetry and communications equipment requirements
- Methodology for regional non-SCADA telemetered thresholds
- Any other WDR Guidelines items, which may include:
- Baseline methodology metrics
- Baseline compliance testing
AEMO has established the WDR Guidelines Technical Working Group (TWG) to enable effective dialogue between AEMO and stakeholders on matters relating to the development of the guidelines. This stakeholder engagement opportunity is additional to the consultation processes required under the “rules consultation procedure” (NER clause 8.9).
Wholesale demand response guidelines is a new document to be developed.
|Issues paper published||22 October 2020|
|Submissions due on Issues paper||27 November 2020|
|Draft Report/Draft Guidelines published||14 January 2021|
|Submissions due on Draft Report/Draft Guidelines||12 February 2021|
|Final Report/Final Guidelines published||25 March 2021|
Preparing Draft Report