Operations Planning Working Group
In this section
In this section
- Ancillary Services Technical Advisory Group
- Intermittent Generator Forum
- Consumer Forum
- Causer Pays Procedure Consultation
- Energy Market Leaders Forum
- Generator Registration and Connection in the NEM
- Grid Control System Consultative Forum
- Intervention Pricing Working Group
- Market Participant 5-Minute Forecast
- Pipeline Capacity Trading Reference Group
- National Electricity Market Operations Committee (NEMOC)
- NTNDP Technical Working Group
- Forecasting Reference Group (FRG)
- Planning Reference Group (PRG)
- Plant Modelling Reference Group
- Operations Planning Working Group
The Operations Planning Working Group (OPWG) is a technical working group established to consider operations planning issues that are under the control or influence of AEMO and/or Transmission Network Service Providers (TNSPs). The working group reports to the National Electricity Market Operations Committee (NEMOC) and is designed to help improve power system security and NEM efficiency.
The OPWG primarily focuses on matters that are outside the near real time ‘operations’ horizon. The OPWG is intended to act as a bridge between traditional planning and operations activities.
The OPWG's role is to identify and prioritise issues, develop action plans to resolve them, and monitor the implementation and impact of those plans. The group can also call upon additional resources to ensure proposed actions are implemented successfully.
AEMO chairs the OPWG and provides secretariat support.
For more information, please contact:
Sujeewa Rajapakse on (02) 8884 5316.