Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
In this section
In this section
- Five Minute Settlement - Procedure for the Dispatch and Activation of Reserve Contracts
- 2019 Planning and Forecasting Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement - Credit Limit Procedures
- Book Build Procedure Consultation
- Consultation On Proposed Amendments To The Guidelines For Preparing Local Black System Procedures (LBSP)
- Q3 2019 B2B Procedures consultation
- Spot Market Operations Timetable
- Five Minute Settlement - Auction Participation Agreement
- Five-Minute Settlement – Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
- SRA Secondary Trading Implementation Consultation
- Five Minute Settlement – Reallocation procedures
- Metering ICF Package Consultation
- Declared NEM Project – 5MS Program
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery Consultation
- Reliability Forecasting Methodology Consultation
- Dispatch – Pricing and miscellaneous procedures (non-rules consultation)
- Procedures For Directions And Instructions Consultation
- IEC Election Procedures and Operating Manual
- Market Suspension Compensation Methodology consultation
- Metering Exemption Guideline
This notice informs all Registered Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO is commencing consultation on the Settlement Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery. This consultation will be a single round where participants are invited to provide comments.
From 1 July 2021, the time interval for financial settlement in the National Electricity Market (NEM) will change from 30 minutes to 5 minutes, aligning with existing NEM dispatch intervals. Five minute settlement (5MS) will impact both market and non-market ancillary service payments and cost recovery.
The methodology for market and non-market ancillary service payments and cost recovery will not be affected by this change except as specifically discussed in this guide. This guide is expected to be updated to include other useful information when it becomes available for 5MS, including relevant data tables and data reports.
Submissions in response to this consultation should reach AEMO by 5:00pm (AEST) on 9 August 2019.
Any queries should be directed to AEMO's Five-Minute Settlement email address 5MS@aemo.com.au.
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery – clean (1.4 MB, pdf)
- Settlements Guide to Ancillary Services Payment and Recovery – marked up (1.8 MB, pdf)