Causer Pays Procedure Consultation
In this section
In this section
Notice of Second Stage of Consultation
National Electricity Rules – Rule 8.9
Date of Notice: 6 April 2018
This notice informs all Registered Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO is commencing the second stage of its consultation on amendments to the Causer Pays Procedure – to be renamed the Regulation FCAS Contribution Factor Procedure.
This consultation is being conducted under clause 3.15.6A(m) of the National Electricity Rules (NER), in accordance with the Rules consultation requirements detailed in rule 8.9 of the NER.
Invitation to make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on this Draft Report and Determination (Draft Report).
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
Consulted Persons should note that material identified as confidential may be given less weight in the decision-making process than material that is published.
Closing Date and Time
Submissions in response to this Notice of Second Stage of Consultation should be sent by email to CauserPaysConsultation@aemo.com.au, to reach AEMO by 5.00pm (Melbourne time) on 4 May 2018.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Please send any queries about this consultation to the same email address.
Submissions received after the closing date and time will not be valid, and AEMO is not obliged to consider them. Any late submissions should explain the reason for lateness and the detriment to you if AEMO does not consider your submission.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website, other than confidential content.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates are indicative only and subject to change.
Process Stage INDICATIVE Date Publication of Draft Report and Determination 06/04/2108 Closing date for submissions in response to the Draft Report 04/05/2018 Publication of Final Report and Determination 25/05/2018
Draft Report and Procedure
- Draft Determination - Causer Pays Consultation (1.5 MB, pdf)
- Regulation FCAS Contribution Factors Procedure v2 (1.6 MB, docx)
- Causer Pays Workshop Minutes March 2017
- Causer Pays Workshop Slides March 2017
- Notice of First Stage Consultation
- Causer Pays Procedures Issues Paper December 2016
First Stage Consultation Participant Responses
- AGL submission
- Australian Energy Council submission
- CS Energy submission
- Energy Australia submission
- ENGIE submission
- ERM Power submission
- Hydro Tasmania submission
- Infigen Energy submission
- Origin submission
- Pacific Hydro submission
- Tilt Renewables submission
- Uniting Communities submission
- Waterloo Wind Farm submission
- Wind Coalition consultant submission (submitted as part of the submissions from Woolnorth Windfarm, Waterloo Windfarm, Infigen Energy and Tilt Renewables)
- Woolnorth Wind Farm submission