AEPC_2019_06: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads
In this section
In this section
- AEPC_2019_11: Prudential Requirements – Credit Limit Calculation
- Draft Report: 2020 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2022-23 Capacity Year
- AEPC_2019_09: Formalisation of the Process for Maintenance Applications
- 2019 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2019_06: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads
- AEPC_2019_04 Dispatch
- AEPC_2019_07 Ancillary Services
- AEPC_2018_03 Communication and control systems
- AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security
- AEPC_2018_05: IMS Interface
- AEPC_2018_06: Commissioning Tests
- AEPC_2019_02: Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_01: Monitoring and Reporting Protocol
- TR_2018_01: Tolerance Ranges
- AEPC_2019_03: Reduction of prudential exposure in the Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- AEPC_2019_01: Short Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_04: Facility Outages
- Draft Report: 2019 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2021-22 Capacity Year
- 2018 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2018_02: Tolerance Ranges
Procedure Change Proposal
Wholesale Electricity Market Rules – Clause 2.10
Date of Notice: 8 May 2019
This notice informs all Rule Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO has published a Procedure Change Proposal in respect of the rule change proposal: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads (RC_2014_06) affecting the following Market Procedures:
- Balancing Facility Requirements;
- Balancing Market Forecast;
- Certification of Reserve Capacity;
- Determination of DSM Dispatch Payment Tranches & Adjustments;
- Determining Loss Factors; and
and is conducting a consultation process in respect of this proposal.
This consultation is being conducted in accordance with the Procedure Change Process detailed in clause 2.10 of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules.
Matter under Consultation
The matters are related to clauses 7A.1.6, 7A.3.20, 4.9.10, 4.28C.15, 6.17.6B, 6.17.6F, 9.2.1 and 2.27.17 of the WEM Rules which require AEMO to detail its processes related to:
- Balancing Facility Requirements under clause 7A.1.6 of the WEM Rules;
- Balancing Market Forecasts, Forecast BMO and Balancing Submissions under clause 7A.3.3 and 7A.3.4 of the WEM Rules (as in effect from 1 July 2019);
- Certification of Reserve Capacity and applying for and approving Capacity Credits under clauses 4.9.10 and 4.28C.15 of the WEM Rules;
- Determination of DSM dispatch payment tranches and adjustments to DSM dispatch payment tranches and Cumulative Annual DSM Dispatch and/or Calculated DSP Quantity under clauses 6.17.6B and 6.17.6F of the WEM Rules respectively;
- Settlements under clause 9.2.1 of the WEM Rules; and
- Determining Loss Factors under clause 2.27.17 of the WEM Rules.
AEMO has also taken the opportunity to update the Market Procedures to reflect current templates, and make administrative changes to improve the integrity of the procedures.
Further details are provided in the Procedure Change Proposal published with this notice. The proposed amended Market Procedures are published with this notice and the Procedure Change Proposal.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates in italics are indicative only and subject to change.
Process Stage Date Closing date for submissions in response to the Procedure Change Proposal
6 June 2019 Publication of Procedure Change Report
25 June 2019 Proposed commencement of Amended Market Procedures:
Balancing Facility Requirements
1 July 2019 Balancing Market Forecast
1 July 2019 Certification of Reserve Capacity
1 July 2019 Determination of DSM Dispatch Payment Tranches & Adjustments
1 July 2019 Determining Loss Factors
1 July 2019
1 July 2019
Invitation to Make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on this Procedure Change Proposal, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may improve the procedure or better meet the Wholesale Market Objectives in section 122(2) of the Electricity Industry Act 2004 (and clause 1.2.1 of the WEM Rules).
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the Procedure Change Proposal, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing date and time
Submissions in response to this Procedure Change Proposal should be sent by email to email@example.com, by 5:00 PM (Perth time) on 6 June 2019.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Please send any queries about this consultation to the same email address.
All correspondence in relation to this Procedure Change Proposal must be entitled “AEPC_2019_06 Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads - [Name of the submitting company or individual]”. Submissions should use the Procedure Change Submission form available at: http://aemo.com.au/Electricity/Wholesale-Electricity-Market-WEM/Procedures/Procedurechanges.
AEMO is not obliged to consider submissions received after the closing date and time. Any late submissions should explain the reason for lateness and the detriment to you if AEMO does not consider your submission.
All submissions will be published on AEMO’s website, other than confidential content.
Procedure Change Proposal Documents
Procedure Change Report Documents