NSW Electricity Update – Extreme Weather Produces Record Demand
- Generator Registration and Connection in the NEM – AEMO Roadshow
- Update to National Electricity Market transmission event on 25 August 2018
- 2018 NEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q2 2018
- 2018 Integrated System Plan
- 2018 Victorian Annual Planning Report (VAPR)
February 11, 2017 - 8:30 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) can confirm that electricity supply has now stabilised for both New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) following a peak demand of approximately 13,500MW in the NSW region (which includes the ACT), the highest NSW region peak demand on a Saturday since January 2011.
AEMO would like to thank the community for proactively reducing their energy use amid challenging conditions, mitigating the requirement for load shedding during the peak demand period today.
Energy security is AEMO’s number one priority and we continue to work closely with both state governments and industry to maintain a reliable and secure electricity supply in Australia’s National Electricity Market.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
AEMO media enquiries
0409 382 121
Please click here for a PDF version of this media release.