NSW Electricity Update – Extreme Weather Produces Record Demand
- AEMO releases 2018 Annual Report
- AEMO releases the 2018 South Australian Electricity Report (SAER)
- AEMO releases the latest Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP) report
- Summer 2018-19 Readiness Report
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q3 2018
- Emerging Generation and Energy Storage - Grid-Scale: Stakeholder Engagement
February 11, 2017 - 8:30 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) can confirm that electricity supply has now stabilised for both New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) following a peak demand of approximately 13,500MW in the NSW region (which includes the ACT), the highest NSW region peak demand on a Saturday since January 2011.
AEMO would like to thank the community for proactively reducing their energy use amid challenging conditions, mitigating the requirement for load shedding during the peak demand period today.
Energy security is AEMO’s number one priority and we continue to work closely with both state governments and industry to maintain a reliable and secure electricity supply in Australia’s National Electricity Market.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
AEMO media enquiries
0409 382 121
Please click here for a PDF version of this media release.