AEMO at the COAG Energy Council meeting, 19 August 2016
- AEMO and ARENA looking to evolve traditional electricity market
- Consumers becoming smarter about energy use
- 2017 Electricity Forecasting Insights
- AEMO welcomes Federal government’s focus to reduce energy prices
- 2017 Electricity Statement of Opportunities for the WEM
- Holistic planning needed to meet modern grid challenges
August 19, 2016 - 6:00 AM
As part of the agenda set for the COAG Energy Council meeting on Friday, 19 August 2016, AEMO Chair Dr Tony Marxsen and Acting Chief Executive Officer Karen Olesnicky joined a panel of key stakeholders to discuss a number of issues challenging the energy sector at present, including recent market volatility in South Australia.
Key issues for discussion at the stakeholder roundtable included the integration of emission reductions and energy policy; the need for change in South Australia; and the need to deliver for consumers on initiatives and services including safety, reliability, market design, and minimising network costs.
Dr Marxsen presented on the recent market volatility experienced in South Australia. The full presentation is available here.
Dr Marxsen also presented to the Energy Council on AEMO’s ongoing work on power system security as detailed in the Future Power System Security Program August 2016 Progress Report published last week. Check out the report and the explainer video for more information.