Planning Reference Group (PRG)
In this section
In this section
- Ancillary Services Technical Advisory Group
- AWEFS and ASEFS Working Group
- Consumer Forum
- Causer Pays Procedure Consultation
- Energy Market Leaders Forum
- Generator Registration and Connection in the NEM
- Grid Control System Consultative Forum
- Intervention Pricing Working Group
- Market Participant 5-Minute Self Forecast
- National Electricity Market Operations Committee (NEMOC)
- NTNDP Technical Working Group
- Forecasting Reference Group (FRG)
- Planning Reference Group (PRG)
- Plant Modelling Reference Group
- Operations Planning Working Group
The Planning Reference Group (PRG) is a monthly forum with AEMO and industry’s planning specialists. The forum seeks to facilitate constructive discussion on matters relating to gas and electricity market modelling and strategic network planning. It is an opportunity to share expertise and explore new approaches to addressing the challenges of planning in a rapidly changing energy industry.
In April 2016, AEMO convened the first National Transmission Network Development Plan (NTNDP) Technical Working Group to facilitate discussion on market modelling and strategic network planning as part of a consultation requirement.
In order to ensure collaboration between the supply- and demand-side, AEMO combined the FRG with equivalent Planning stakeholder activities to form the Forecasting and Planning Reference Group (FPRG). AEMO trialed the FPRG for seven months before deciding to separate the Forecasting and Planning Reference Group into two separate groups, with each running a meeting either monthly or on an as-needs basis. The reasoning was to cater to the large volume of participants with an interest in each group, and an effort by AEMO to drive efficiencies in each area.
Terms of Reference:
- PRG Terms of Reference (298 KB, pdf)
List of Reference Group Members:
The PRG is an open forum for all interested industry and government stakeholders who may attend and participate.
For Further Information:
Please direct any queries regarding the Planning Reference Group to email@example.com.