NTNDP Technical Working Group
In this section
In this section
- Ancillary Services Technical Advisory Group
- AWEFS and ASEFS Working Group
- Consumer Forum
- Causer Pays Procedure Consultation
- Energy Market Leaders Forum
- Grid Control System Consultative Forum
- Intervention Pricing Working Group
- Market Participant 5-Minute Self Forecast
- National Electricity Market Operations Committee (NEMOC)
- NTNDP Technical Working Group
- Forecasting Reference Group (FRG)
- Planning Reference Group (PRG)
- Plant Modelling Reference Group
- Operations Planning Working Group
The objective of the National Transmission Network Development Plan (NTNDP) Technical Working Group is to facilitate discussion on market modelling and strategic network planning, with specific reference to:
- Credible scenarios that will test the development requirements of the transmission network to efficiently maintain system security and reliability.
- Market simulations for co-optimisation of generation, network and non-network investment.
- Long term power system planning studies to understand the strategic development of both network and non-network infrastructure.
- Co-ordination between national and local network issues.
Outcomes from these technical discussions will help AEMO develop the NTNDP publications to ensure they deliver as much value as possible to all stakeholders.
Terms of reference
NTNDP Technical Working Group: Terms of Reference
12 Aug 2016 | 214 KB (.pdf)
Organisation Representative AEMO Planning Group Federal and State government organisations Australian Energy Regulator, Federal Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, Clean Energy Finance Corporation, Queensland Department of Energy and Water Supply, CSIRO Jurisdictional transmission planning bodies ElectraNet, Powerlink, TransGrid, TasNetworks, Ausnet Services Generators Energy Australia, Origin, AGL, Hydro Tasmania, GDF Suez Australian Energy
Other Stakeholders Edge Energy Services, Sligar & Associates, Clean Energy Council, Enernoc, Greensync
For more information, please contact the AEMO Support Hub.