Market Participant 5-Minute Self Forecast
In this section
In this section
- Ancillary Services Technical Advisory Group
- AWEFS and ASEFS Working Group
- Consumer Forum
- Causer Pays Procedure Consultation
- Energy Market Leaders Forum
- Grid Control System Consultative Forum
- Intervention Pricing Working Group
- Market Participant 5-Minute Self Forecast
- National Electricity Market Operations Committee (NEMOC)
- NTNDP Technical Working Group
- Forecasting Reference Group (FRG)
- Planning Reference Group (PRG)
- Plant Modelling Reference Group
- Operations Planning Working Group
The Market Participant 5-Minute forecast is a program undertaken by AEMO and ARENA, in conjunction with forecasting service providers and existing wind and solar projects to demonstrate the potential benefits of wind and solar generator self-forecasting to operation of the power system. It is anticipated that the use of self-forecasting will deliver system wide benefits by reducing generation forecast error and providing greater autonomy to existing intermittent generators.
As part of this program, AEMO is developing the system and operational requirements to verify and accept participant self-forecasts.
In early 2018, AEMO and ARENA held a workshop with industry on the self-forecasting technologies for utility scale wind and solar. This workshop covered the technical requirements for allowing a market participant 5-minute ahead forecast to be integrated into AEMO systems and an A-lab to explore a potential proof of concept.
Terms of Reference
Engagement conducted to date has been through informal information sessions, open to all interested stakeholders. As such, no formal Terms of Reference (ToR) have been set for the sessions.
The Market Participant 5-Minute Self Forecasting sessions are open to all interested parties with technical expertise in this area. AEMO reserves the right to approve, reject, add or remove members at its discretion. To register your interest, or for more information, please contact email@example.com with any enquiries.