Forecasting Reference Group (FRG)
In this section
In this section
- Ancillary Services Technical Advisory Group
- AWEFS and ASEFS Working Group
- Consumer Forum
- Causer Pays Procedure Consultation
- Energy Market Leaders Forum
- Generator Registration and Connection in the NEM
- Grid Control System Consultative Forum
- Intervention Pricing Working Group
- Market Participant 5-Minute Self Forecast
- National Electricity Market Operations Committee (NEMOC)
- NTNDP Technical Working Group
- Forecasting Reference Group (FRG)
- Planning Reference Group (PRG)
- Plant Modelling Reference Group
- Operations Planning Working Group
The Forecasting Reference Group (FRG) is a monthly forum with AEMO and industry’s forecasting specialists. The forum seeks to facilitate constructive discussion on matters relating to gas and electricity forecasting and market modelling. It is an opportunity to share expertise and explore new approaches to addressing the challenges of forecasting in a rapidly changing energy industry.
In February 2016, AEMO convened the first Forecasting Reference group (FRG) with interested industry stakeholders. A range of forecasting related topics were discussed, with a particular focus on AEMO’s two main forecasting publications, the National Electricity Forecasting Report (NEFR) and the National Gas Forecasting Report (NGFR).
In order to ensure collaboration between the supply- and demand-side, AEMO combined the FRG with equivalent Planning stakeholder activities to form the Forecasting and Planning Reference Group (FPRG). AEMO trialed the FPRG for seven months before deciding to separate the Forecasting and Planning Reference Group into two separate groups, with each running a meeting either monthly or on an as-needs basis. The reasoning was to cater to the large volume of participants with an interest in each group, and an effort by AEMO to drive efficiencies in each area.
The FRG is not a decision making body.
Terms of Reference:
- FRG Terms of Reference - (115 KB, doc)
Upcoming FRG Reference Group Meeting Dates:
- 26 July 2018
- 22 August 2018
- 25 September 2018
- 24 October 2018
- 27 November 2018
- 11 December 2018
List of Reference Group Members:
The FRG is an open forum for all interested industry and government stakeholders who may attend and participate.
For Further Information:
Please direct any queries regarding the Planning Reference Group to firstname.lastname@example.org