AEPC_2018_04: Facility Outages
In this section
In this section
Procedure Change Proposal
Wholesale Electricity Market Rules – Clause 2.10
Date of Notice: 15 October 2018
This notice informs all Rule Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO has published a Procedure Change Proposal in respect of the new Power System Operating Procedure: Tolerance Ranges and is conducting a consultation process in respect of this proposal.
This consultation is being carried out in accordance with the Procedure Change Process detailed in clause 2.10 of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules.
Matter under Consultation
The matters are related to clauses 3.18.21, 3.19.14, 3.21.12 and 4.11.1(h) of the WEM Rules which require AEMO to detail the processes to be followed by:
- AEMO, Market Participants and Network Operators when conducting outage planning for a Facility [Clause 3.18.21];
- AEMO, Market Participants and Network Operators when conducting final approval of outages [Clause 3.19.14];
- AEMO, Market Participants and Network Operators when determining and reporting Forced Outages and Consequential Outages [Clause 3.21.12]; and
- AEMO when calculating Planned Outage and Forced Outage rates for the purposes of assigning no Certified Reserve Capacity or a lesser quantity of Certified Reserve Capacity [Clause 4.11.1(h)].
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates in italics are indicative only and subject to change.
Closing date for submissions in response to the Procedure Change Proposal
12 November 2018
Publication of Procedure Change Report
7 January 2019
Proposed commencement of revised Power System Operating Procedure
7 January 2019
Invitation to Make Submissions
AEMO invites written submissions on this Procedure Change Proposal, including any alternative or additional proposals you consider may improve the procedure or better meet the Wholesale Market Objectives in section 122(2) of the Electricity Industry Act 2004 (and clause 1.2.1 of the WEM Rules).
Please identify any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, and explain why. AEMO may still publish that information if it does not consider it to be confidential, but will consult with you before doing so.
Please note that material identified as confidential may be given less weight in the decision-making process than material that is published.
In your submission, you may request a meeting with AEMO to discuss the Procedure Change Proposal, stating why you consider a meeting is necessary or desirable.
If appropriate, meetings may be held jointly with other Consulted Persons. Subject to confidentiality restrictions, AEMO will generally make details of matters discussed at a meeting available to other Consulted Persons, and may publish them.
Closing Date and Time
Submissions in response to this Procedure Change Proposal should be sent by email to email@example.com, to reach AEMO by 5.00 pm (AWST) on 12 November 2018.
All submissions must be forwarded in electronic format (both pdf and Word). Further, all emails relating to this Procedure Change Proposal must be entitled “AEPC_2018_04 Facility Outages - [Name of the submitting company or individual]”. Submissions should use the Procedure Change Submission form available at:
AEMO is not obliged to consider submissions received after the closing date and time. Any late submissions should explain the reason for delay and the detriment to you if AEMO does not consider your submission.
Procedure Change Proposal Documents
- Call for submissions on Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2018_04 (101 KB, pdf)
- Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2018_04 (392 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operation Procedure: Facility Outages (clean) (494 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operation Procedure: Facility Outages (marked up version) (633 KB, pdf)
Procedure Change Report documents
- Procedure Change Report AEPC_2018_04 (392 KB, pdf)
- Power System Operation Procedure: Facility Outages (clean) (494 KB, pdf)
- Power System Operation Procedure: Facility Outages (marked up version from consultation) (633 KB, pdf)