AEMO Insights - Renewables Influence on the Generation Mix and Gas Demand in Western Australia
- AEMO announces Drew Clarke as new Chair of its Board
- Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- AEMO and ARENA demand response trial to provide 200 megawatts of emergency reserves for extreme peaks
- Australia's east coast gas supply remains tightly balanced
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
May 29, 2017 - 10:51 AM
This Insights paper investigates the effect of the changes to the generation mix in the South West interconnected system (SWIS) on gas demand in WA.
The paper and associated analysis has been prepared in response to the feedback received from WA gas stakeholders as part of the 2016 WA GSOO development. This is an area of interest as electricity generation in the SWIS accounts for approximately 20% of WA’s domestic gas consumption.
This paper is intended to serve as a basis for discussion and potential further analysis. Particular attention is paid to the influence of new renewable generation, as this is expected to form a growing part of the generation mix in the future.