Spot Prices and Ancillary Services Prices during Market Suspension
- Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- AEMO and ARENA demand response trial to provide 200 megawatts of emergency reserves for extreme peaks
- Australia's east coast gas supply remains tightly balanced
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
- National Electricity Market remains tightly balanced
October 12, 2016 - 12:16 PM
AEMO confirms that the Spot Market in the South Australia region resumed operation from 2230 hrs on Tuesday, 11 October 2016.
Spot prices and ancillary services prices in South Australia during the suspension, between 1605 hrs on 28 September 2016 until 2230 hrs on 11 October 2016, were are determined by the relevant market suspension pricing schedule developed and published in accordance with clause 3.14.5(l) of the NER.
- 28/09/2016 16:05:00 to 02/10/2016 23:59:59
- 03/10/2016 00:00:00 to 09/10/2016 23:59:59
- 10/10/2016 00:00:00 to 11/10/2016 22:30:00
AEMO has reviewed is reviewing prices in other regions as required by the National Electricity Rules for the period of suspension. Spot prices in other NEM regions that have had actual flow towards South Australia may also need to be were capped in accordance with clause 3.14.5(m). This review has been completed for all suspended periods betweenon 1605 hrs on 28/09/2016 and 2230 hrs on - 110/10/2016.
- 09/10/2016: No price revision for other regions
Prices have been updated in the Market Systems for the period from 16:05 on 28/09/16 – 00:00 on 110/10/2016. AEMO will complete loading of revised prices for 11/10/2016 into the Market and Settlement Systems by 0000 hrs on 13/10/2016.