Media Statement - South Australia
- Advice to the Commonwealth relating to AGL’s proposal to replace Liddell
- AEMO observations: operational and market challenges to reliability and security in the NEM
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q4 2017
- AEMO publishes Power system requirements paper
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
February 08, 2017 - 9:11 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) can confirm that at 19:03 ADST, approximately 100 megawatts (MW) of local load shedding was instructed in South Australia to maintain the security of the power system.
Load shedding, which impacted approximately 40,000 customers, was instructed by AEMO to avoid damage to network equipment due to potential overloading.
At 19:30 ADST, AEMO gave permission to restore the 100 MW of load, and at approximately 19:40 ADST electricity supply had been restored.
Further details will be supplied following investigation.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
AEMO media enquiries
Ph: 0409 382 121