Media Statement - South Australia
- Energy facts and safety tips for summer now on Energy Live
- Publication of AEMO’s 2018 training calendar and reduced fees
- Storms cause electricity supply disruption across Victoria
- AEMO requesting submissions on inaugural Integrated System Plan
- Media Release: AEMO appoints new Chief Digital and Technology Officer
- 2017 Western Australian Gas Statement of Opportunities
February 08, 2017 - 9:11 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) can confirm that at 19:03 ADST, approximately 100 megawatts (MW) of local load shedding was instructed in South Australia to maintain the security of the power system.
Load shedding, which impacted approximately 40,000 customers, was instructed by AEMO to avoid damage to network equipment due to potential overloading.
At 19:30 ADST, AEMO gave permission to restore the 100 MW of load, and at approximately 19:40 ADST electricity supply had been restored.
Further details will be supplied following investigation.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
AEMO media enquiries
Ph: 0409 382 121