Career Opportunities at AEMO
- Generator Registration and Connection in the NEM – AEMO Roadshow
- Update to National Electricity Market transmission event on 25 August 2018
- 2018 NEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q2 2018
- 2018 Integrated System Plan
- 2018 Victorian Annual Planning Report (VAPR)
February 20, 2015 - 4:33 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is seeking talented, qualified and forward thinking individuals located in the Adelaide region for a career within the ever-changing energy industry.
Expressions Of Interest: Career Opportunities With The Australian Energy Market Operator
Working at AEMO offers you the chance to contribute to the future of energy in Australia. With its broad national focus for the future, AEMO’s objectives are to promote efficient investment in, and operation of, Australia’s electricity and gas markets for the long-term interests of consumers – with respect to price, quality, safety, reliability and security of energy supply.
We deliver an array of gas and electricity market, operational, forecasting and planning functions across the energy industry, including:
- Management of both wholesale and retail markets in electricity and gas across eastern and south-eastern Australia.
- Overseeing the vital system operations and security of Australia’s National Electricity Market and Victorian gas transmission network.
- Delivering essential planning advice and forecasting to guide long term investment in Australia’s energy network infrastructure and resource management.
- Consultation with industry and government to further develop and improve Australia’s gas and electricity markets.
We are seeking talented, qualified and forward thinking individuals located in the Adelaide region for a career within the ever-changing energy industry.
Expressions of interest are sought from professionals in the following areas:
- Electrical / Chemical & Power Systems Engineers
- Economists / Statisticians and Modelling Professionals
- IT professionals with expertise in Project Management, Contractor Management & Commercial industry experience
- Accountants / Commercial Analysts
To register your interest:
Please submit your Expression of Interest via our careers portal, then create/update your profile and follow the steps through the application process
As part of the online submission, please make sure you upload a copy of your CV and a 1-page (max) cover letter that expresses your interest in working for AEMO and why you see yourself as a good match for our organisation.