AEMO welcomes Dr Alan Finkel findings
- Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- AEMO and ARENA demand response trial to provide 200 megawatts of emergency reserves for extreme peaks
- Australia's east coast gas supply remains tightly balanced
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
- National Electricity Market remains tightly balanced
June 09, 2017 - 3:30 PM
Today’s announcement by Australia’s Chief Scientist Dr Alan Finkel highlights the need for important reform and strategic national energy planning of Australia’s evolving energy sector.
AEMO supports the view that designing the grid of the future must be fit-for-purpose and take into account three core considerations: cost, reliability and security.
AEMO looks forward to continuing our work with the Commonwealth and jurisdictions and engaging with industry and consumers to enable an efficient and secure Australian energy market for future generations.
To view a PDF version of this statement, please click here.