AEMO welcomes Dr Alan Finkel findings
- Advice to the Commonwealth relating to AGL’s proposal to replace Liddell
- AEMO observations: operational and market challenges to reliability and security in the NEM
- AEMO publishes Quarter Energy Dynamics – Q4 2017
- AEMO publishes Power system requirements paper
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
June 09, 2017 - 3:30 PM
Today’s announcement by Australia’s Chief Scientist Dr Alan Finkel highlights the need for important reform and strategic national energy planning of Australia’s evolving energy sector.
AEMO supports the view that designing the grid of the future must be fit-for-purpose and take into account three core considerations: cost, reliability and security.
AEMO looks forward to continuing our work with the Commonwealth and jurisdictions and engaging with industry and consumers to enable an efficient and secure Australian energy market for future generations.
To view a PDF version of this statement, please click here.