AEMO welcomes Dr Alan Finkel findings
- 2017 Western Australian Gas Staement of Opportunities
- Media Release: New wholesale contracts needed to shore up Western Australia’s domestic gas supplies
- Media release - AEMO Power of Choice
- High November electricity demand across South Australia and Victoria
- AEMO releases summer readiness report for 2017-18
- AEMO market notifications explained - what does a 'lack of reserve' mean?
June 09, 2017 - 3:30 PM
Today’s announcement by Australia’s Chief Scientist Dr Alan Finkel highlights the need for important reform and strategic national energy planning of Australia’s evolving energy sector.
AEMO supports the view that designing the grid of the future must be fit-for-purpose and take into account three core considerations: cost, reliability and security.
AEMO looks forward to continuing our work with the Commonwealth and jurisdictions and engaging with industry and consumers to enable an efficient and secure Australian energy market for future generations.
To view a PDF version of this statement, please click here.