AEMO undertakes role of energy market operator and power system operator in Western Australia
- AEMO announces Drew Clarke as new Chair of its Board
- Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- AEMO and ARENA demand response trial to provide 200 megawatts of emergency reserves for extreme peaks
- Australia's east coast gas supply remains tightly balanced
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
September 30, 2015 - 9:30 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) is both honoured and excited to be asked to undertake the role of independent energy market operator and independent power system operator in Western Australia (WA).
Other functions, previously under the WA Independent Market Operator, including the administration of the Gas Bulletin Board and Gas Statement of Opportunities, will also be transferred to AEMO.
Please click here to download the media release for more information.