AEMO releases 2016-17 Annual Report
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
- Energy facts and safety tips for summer now on Energy Live
- Publication of AEMO’s 2018 training calendar and reduced fees
- Storms cause electricity supply disruption across Victoria
- AEMO requesting submissions on inaugural Integrated System Plan
- Media Release: AEMO appoints new Chief Digital and Technology Officer
November 01, 2017 - 5:00 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) has today published its 2016–17 Annual Report.
Aptly themed ‘Change’, the report details AEMO’s many achievements and developments during a financial year of rapid transformation for the energy sector and the organisation.
The report reflects AEMO’s commitment towards delivering energy security for all Australians as we work on transitioning the energy industry towards a secure, reliable, affordable and low emissions future.
AEMO Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Audrey Zibelman said that AEMO has a clear understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the sector and is focused on developing the operating solutions that support a more economically efficient, diverse, secure and reliable power system.
“As the grid and market operator, our goal is to plan for and operate the gas and electric markets to optimise the advances in technology, resources and associated market designs to benefit Australian consumers.
“There is no better time to be in the energy industry or at AEMO and I look forward to a successful year ahead,” said Ms Zibelman.
For more information: AEMO Media | Mobile: 0409 382 121 | Email: email@example.com
For a PDF version of this media release, please click here.