AEMO at the COAG Energy Council meeting, 19 August 2016
- 2017 Western Australian Gas Staement of Opportunities
- Media Release: New wholesale contracts needed to shore up Western Australia’s domestic gas supplies
- Media release - AEMO Power of Choice
- High November electricity demand across South Australia and Victoria
- AEMO releases summer readiness report for 2017-18
- AEMO market notifications explained - what does a 'lack of reserve' mean?
August 19, 2016 - 6:00 AM
As part of the agenda set for the COAG Energy Council meeting on Friday, 19 August 2016, AEMO Chair Dr Tony Marxsen and Acting Chief Executive Officer Karen Olesnicky joined a panel of key stakeholders to discuss a number of issues challenging the energy sector at present, including recent market volatility in South Australia.
Key issues for discussion at the stakeholder roundtable included the integration of emission reductions and energy policy; the need for change in South Australia; and the need to deliver for consumers on initiatives and services including safety, reliability, market design, and minimising network costs.
Dr Marxsen presented on the recent market volatility experienced in South Australia. The full presentation is available here.
Dr Marxsen also presented to the Energy Council on AEMO’s ongoing work on power system security as detailed in the Future Power System Security Program August 2016 Progress Report published last week. Check out the report and the explainer video for more information.