Market insight report – Victoria’s supply outlook
- Search for new AEMO Chair
- Industry Newsletter - Energy Update - Current Edition
- Energy security and the reliability in the NEM
- New Era For Transmission Planning In National Electricity Market
- AEMO publishes preliminary recommendations following the South Australian state-wide power outage
- Preliminary Report - South Australia Separation Event 1 December 2016
November 03, 2016 - 1:05 PM
This Insights report provides a preliminary assessment of some of the potential impacts of the closure decision Hazelwood Power Station. Further investigation is required to gain a deeper, more holistic understanding of scenarios whereby the power system is operating with less synchronous generation.
As part of its role, AEMO is providing the market with continuous updates in relation to the future supply/demand balance via the Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy (MT PASA). AEMO will also prepare an update to the 2016 National Electricity Market (NEM) Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) and the Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP).
Click here to download the report.