Market insight report – Victoria’s supply outlook
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- Media Release - VIC and SA energy supply remains secure
- Energy facts and safety tips for summer now on Energy Live
- Publication of AEMO’s 2018 training calendar and reduced fees
- Storms cause electricity supply disruption across Victoria
- AEMO requesting submissions on inaugural Integrated System Plan
November 03, 2016 - 1:05 PM
This Insights report provides a preliminary assessment of some of the potential impacts of the closure decision Hazelwood Power Station. Further investigation is required to gain a deeper, more holistic understanding of scenarios whereby the power system is operating with less synchronous generation.
As part of its role, AEMO is providing the market with continuous updates in relation to the future supply/demand balance via the Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy (MT PASA). AEMO will also prepare an update to the 2016 National Electricity Market (NEM) Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) and the Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP).
Click here to download the report.