Market insight report – Victoria’s supply outlook
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
- National Electricity Market remains tightly balanced
- 2017 Electricity Statement of Opportunities
- AEMO forms expert panel to advise on Finkel reform implementation
- AEMO and ARENA looking to evolve traditional electricity market
November 03, 2016 - 1:05 PM
This Insights report provides a preliminary assessment of some of the potential impacts of the closure decision Hazelwood Power Station. Further investigation is required to gain a deeper, more holistic understanding of scenarios whereby the power system is operating with less synchronous generation.
As part of its role, AEMO is providing the market with continuous updates in relation to the future supply/demand balance via the Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy (MT PASA). AEMO will also prepare an update to the 2016 National Electricity Market (NEM) Electricity Statement of Opportunities (ESOO) and the Energy Adequacy Assessment Projection (EAAP).
Click here to download the report.