2015 National Transmission Network Development Plan
- AEMO announces Drew Clarke as new Chair of its Board
- Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- AEMO and ARENA demand response trial to provide 200 megawatts of emergency reserves for extreme peaks
- Australia's east coast gas supply remains tightly balanced
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
November 12, 2015 - 4:33 PM
AEMO has released its 2015 National Transmission Network Development Plan (NTNDP). The 2015 NTNDP provides an independent, strategic view of the efficient development of the National Electricity Market (NEM) transmission network over a 20-year planning horizon.
The 2015 NTNDP considers the challenges and opportunities for transmission network development over the next 20 years. It focusses on the evolving role of the transmission grid in maintaining secure and reliable electricity supply across the National Electricity Market as Australia’s energy sector transforms to support a higher percentage of renewable generation.