AEMO Board update
- AEMO announces Drew Clarke as new Chair of its Board
- Commonwealth Government announces a National Energy Guarantee
- AEMO and ARENA demand response trial to provide 200 megawatts of emergency reserves for extreme peaks
- Australia's east coast gas supply remains tightly balanced
- South Australia System Strength Assessment
- AEMO advice to the Commonwealth government
April 15, 2015 - 4:33 PM
AEMO has commenced a formal search for a new chairman, and also to fill an existing vacancy on the AEMO Board for a non-executive director.
In relation to the non-executive director vacancy, the Board is seeking suitable candidates who have experience leading transformational change driven by technology. While experience in the energy industry, markets or utilities is desirable, it is not considered essential. AEMO has engaged a separate board search consultancy, Boomerang, to conduct this search.
Both appointments must meet the independence criteria set out in AEMO’s Constitution.
AEMO Members are welcome to refer potential candidates for both positions to the relevant board search consultancy.
A Special General Meeting will be held once the Council of Australian Governments’ (COAG) Energy Council Appointments Selection Panel has undertaken candidate interviews and is in a position to make recommendations for the appointments to AEMO Members. Members will then consider whether they agree to recommend the candidates to the COAG Energy Council for appointment. This meeting will also consider any directors eligible for reappointment.
Further information on the process for appointment is available on the AEMO website.
For more information on the selection process or the Special General Meeting, please contact AEMO Company Secretary and General Counsel, Brett Hausler.