AEMO Board update
- 2017 Western Australian Gas Staement of Opportunities
- Media Release: New wholesale contracts needed to shore up Western Australia’s domestic gas supplies
- Media release - AEMO Power of Choice
- High November electricity demand across South Australia and Victoria
- AEMO releases summer readiness report for 2017-18
- AEMO market notifications explained - what does a 'lack of reserve' mean?
April 15, 2015 - 4:33 PM
AEMO has commenced a formal search for a new chairman, and also to fill an existing vacancy on the AEMO Board for a non-executive director.
In relation to the non-executive director vacancy, the Board is seeking suitable candidates who have experience leading transformational change driven by technology. While experience in the energy industry, markets or utilities is desirable, it is not considered essential. AEMO has engaged a separate board search consultancy, Boomerang, to conduct this search.
Both appointments must meet the independence criteria set out in AEMO’s Constitution.
AEMO Members are welcome to refer potential candidates for both positions to the relevant board search consultancy.
A Special General Meeting will be held once the Council of Australian Governments’ (COAG) Energy Council Appointments Selection Panel has undertaken candidate interviews and is in a position to make recommendations for the appointments to AEMO Members. Members will then consider whether they agree to recommend the candidates to the COAG Energy Council for appointment. This meeting will also consider any directors eligible for reappointment.
Further information on the process for appointment is available on the AEMO website.
For more information on the selection process or the Special General Meeting, please contact AEMO Company Secretary and General Counsel, Brett Hausler.