New South Wales and ACT
Please find below the retail market procedures, guidelines and industry information for New South Wales (NSW) and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).Procedures
- Notice of Transition End Date
- Retail Market Procedures (NSW and ACT) version 16 (clean) – Effective 16 November 2016
- Retail Market Procedures (NSW and ACT) version 16 (Marked up) – Effective 16 November 2016
- Retail Market Procedure (NSW and ACT) version 15 (clean) – Effective from 2 May 2016
- Register of Balancing Arrangements
NSW-ACT Gas Interface Protocol (GIP)
NSW-ACT specific Participant Build Pack (Participant Build Pack 5) and NSW-ACT Wagga Wagga and Tamworth specific Build Pack (Participant Build Pack 6) defines the behavior of the business and IT systems. The NSW-ACT Retail Market uses all the interfaces described in Participant Build Pack 1, 2 and 3 unless otherwise specified in Participant Build Packs 5 and 6.
- Gas Interface Protocol: Ver 4 (effective 7 Feb 2017)
- Gas Interface Protocol: Ver 3 (effective 16 Nov 2016)
- Participant Build Pack 5 - NSW-ACT ver 2.0 - Clean (effective 7 Feb 2017)
- Participant Build Pack 5 - NSW-ACT ver 2.0 - Marked Up (effective 7 Feb 2017)
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT ver 1 (effective 2 May 2016)
- Participant Build Pack 6 – NSW-ACT Wagga Wagga & Tamworth ver 1 (effective 2 May 2016)
- Participant Build Pack 5 – NSW-ACT Process Flow Diagrams ver 1 (effective 2 May 2016)
- HUB ID Table
- AEMO Guideline for NSW-ACT User Based Gas Reconciliation
- Guide to Participant Imbalance Amounts
- Protocol for User Cumulative Imbalance Stacks
- SCLP Amount Calculation clause 8.11.1
- FCLP Methodology and Validity Criteria – clause 8.6.7 8.6.9
- Consumed Energy Validation Range – clause 3.6.10
- AEMO Independent Review Opinion Letter – NSW ACT
- AEMO Independent Review Report – NSW ACT Retail Gas Market 2015
- User Cumulative Imbalance (CI) Stacks - February 2017
For previous versions of documents please contact the AEMO Information & Support Hub.
Since the introduction of Full Retail Contestability (FRC) in the NSW and ACT Gas Retail Market in 2002, there have been a limited number of incidents where gas customers have been inadvertently transferred to other gas retailers as a result of human error. A contributing factor to this situation occurring was that the affected gas customers had been unable to ascertain the identity of the gas retailer that serviced their gas delivery point.
As a result of consultation conducted by the previous market operator, Gas Market Company Limited (GMC), a gas retailer discovery process has been developed that enables a gas customer to contact any NSW/ACT gas retailer, the Department of Water and Energy (DWE), or the Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON), to find out the identity of their current gas retailer within one business day. This formalised process ensures that a NSW/ACT gas customer is never placed in a position where they do not know the identity of their current gas retailer for a sustained period of time.
The gas industry’s agreed protocol for finding “lost” gas customers in the NSW and ACT Gas Retail Market is available in PDF format below.
Lost gas customers monthly report
Gas Retail Market NSWACT Lost Gas Cust Monthly Report 2017 02
8 March 2017 | filesize: 128 KB (.pdf)
Gas Retail Market NSWACT Lost Gas Cust Monthly Report 2017 01
8 March 2017 | filesize: 128 KB (.pdf)
Gas Retail Market NSWACT Lost Gas Cust Monthly Report 2016 12
5 January 2017 | filesize: 128 KB (.pdf)
Gas Retail Market NSWACT Lost Gas Cust Monthly Report 2016 11
5 December 2016 | filesize: 130 KB (.pdf)
Operating Procedure: Gas Industry Protocol for Identifying a Gas Customer’s Current Gas Retail
3 November 2014 | filesize: 516 KB (.pdf)
9 March 2010 | filesize: 116 KB (.pdf)
Please note: AEMO’s contact details have changed. Participants should not use the ones set out in the above Finding A Customer’s Retailer document on page 14, but instead use the address and contact details below:
If you would like to further information on the gas retailer discovery process, please contact:
Level 22, 530 Collins St,
Tel: 1300 858 724
For previous versions of documents, or more information, please contact the AEMO Information & Support Hub.