Specification of service points, zones and segments
On 29 June 2018 the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Energy Council (Energy Council) agreed to implement the legal and regulatory framework required to give effect to the capacity trading reform package. Under the legal and regulatory framework that the Energy Council has agreed to implement, AEMO will be responsible for:
- maintaining and publishing a register of each service point (physical or notional) at or between which transportation services are (or may be) provided by the facilities that will be subject to the reform package and each park service point;
- determining the backhaul service points between which backhaul auction services will be available in the DAA on single direction pipelines (or parts of pipelines).
- determining the allocation of service points to the zones that will be used for both the CTP and DAA; and
- determining the forward haul pipeline segments (i.e. the part of a pipeline between pipeline zones) and, where relevant the backhaul pipeline segments that will be used in the DAA.
Pre Registration Transportation Service Point Register
- Transportation Service Point Register - February 2019 (1.6 MB, pdf)
Consultation – Draft Specification
AEMO and the GMRG have updated the specification of service points, zones and pipeline segments based on this initial consultation. The GMRG and AEMO are seeking written feedback on the second draft of the service points, zones and pipeline segments by 5pm (AEST) on 25 October 2018. Stakeholders can submit their feedback by email to the PCT inbox (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Draft Zone Specification (1.7 MB, pdf)
GMRG and AEMO jointly prepared an initial Consultation Paper to provide stakeholders with an opportunity to provide their feedback on the proposed service points, zones and, where relevant, pipeline segments for the initial set of facilities that are expected to be subject to the reforms. The feedback received through this initial consultation process will be used to inform the draft specification of service points, zones and pipeline segments, which will be subject to a further round of consultation before AEMO makes its final determination. The draft specification is expected to be published in September with a further period of industry consultation to be carried out.
- Zone Specification - Initial Consultation Paper (2.3 MB, pdf)
Initial Participant Submissions
- AGL (176 KB, pdf)
- APLNG (1.3 MB, pdf)
- EnergyAustralia (103 KB, pdf)
- EPIC Energy (367 KB, pdf)
- Hydro Tasmania (115 KB, pdf)
- Jemena (1.2 MB, pdf)
- Lochard Energy (454 KB, pdf)
- Palisade (165 KB, pdf)
- SEAGas (138 KB, pdf)