Market participants must register a facility (generation system, distribution system, transmission system, load, or demand side program) where they are connected to the South West interconnected system (SWIS) (for exclusions, please refer to the Market Rules).
To register a facility, the facility must first be created in the Wholesale Electricity Market System (WEMS). To create a facility, the following form must be submitted, taking into account the facility short name conventions:
Once approved by AEMO, the market participant will be able to continue the facility registration process by:
- Obtaining a valid Austraclear ID.
- Submitting a Facility General Information Change Request through the Market Participant Interface (MPI).
- Submitting a Facility Standing Data Change Request through the MPI.
- Submitting a Declaration of Facility Registration Form to AEMO.
- Submitting an Application for Facility Registration Form through the MPI.
- Paying the Facility Registration Fee to AEMO.
For full details on the Facility Registration process, please refer to the Facility Registration, De-Registration and Transfer Procedure.
If you require any assistance in registering your facility, please contact Market Operations (WA) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 989 797.