Update to NEM Load Table (Unmetered Loads) – Jasstech Solutions LED Luminaire
Following the migration from the Jurisdictional Metrology Procedures to the NEM Metrology Procedure, the obligation to update and publish the Load Tables for Type 7 Metering Installations (NEM Load Table) lies with AEMO.
The NEM Load Table sets out the power consumption values for each unmetered device type. These power consumption values are used in the algorithm that calculates metering data for unmetered loads in the NEM.
As per clause 14.2.4 (d) of the NEM Metrology Procedure Part B AEMO is required to:
- Consider and publish proposals to add an unmetered device type to the NEM Load Table.
- Take into account the views of interested parties to determine whether to add an unmetered device type to the NEM Load Table.
Jasstech Solutions has applied to have its ConvoLuxe SMP40 LED luminaire added to the NEM Load Table as an unmetered device.
As a result, Jasstech Solutions has proposed the following amendment to the NEM Load Table:
|| Submitted by
|| Unmetered Device
||Load as tested (W)
Jasstech Convoluxe SMP40
AEMO has considered the Jasstech Solutions proposal against the minimum requirements to add new unmetered device types to the NEM Load Table (as set out in clause 14.2.4(g) of the Metrology Procedure Part: B) and concludes that the Jasstech Solutions proposal fulfils these minimum requirements. AEMO seeks industry feedback on whether to add the proposed unmetered device load value to the NEM Load Table.
AEMO is currently developing a new process for the addition of unmetered device types to the NEM Load Table. Until the new process is developed the following interim process will be used to amend the NEM Load Table:
- Publish the supporting documentation for the proposed new unmetered device load value on the AEMO website for comment and agreement by industry.
- Period for comments on the proposed unmetered device load value will be 20 business days.
- In the absence of any comments that dispute the Jasstech Solutions proposal, AEMO will take the proposed load for the unmetered device type as agreed.
- The new unmetered device load value agreed and published in the NEM Load Table may only be used exactly as tested.
- The new unmetered device load value agreed and published can be used in all NEM jurisdictions that have declared street lights as market loads.
The Jasstech Solutions proposal, including supporting test results, technical summary and letter from Endeavour Energy supporting the installation of these devices are published on this web page.
AEMO invites comment as to the acceptance of this new unmetered device load value into the NEM Load Table as per clause 14.2.4 (d) of the NEM Metrology Procedure Part B.
Please direct all comments to David Ripper, Senior Metrology Engineer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of publication: 16 May 2013.
Reponses to be submitted by no later than 14 June 2013.