AEMO Gas Emergency Management
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
These documents make up the Gas Emergency Protocol as required under section 53 (1) of the National Gas (Victoria) Act.
- Emergency Procedures (Gas) - 25 Feb 2011
- Gas Emergency Level Definitions (Annex A) - 18 Nov 2010
- Gas Emergency Management Group Terms of Reference (Annex B) - 18 Nov 2010
- Gas Emergency Management Consultative Forum (Annex C) - 18 Nov 2010
- National Gas Rules Emergency Declaration Notices (Annex D) - 18 Nov 2010
- Wholesale Gas Market System Security Procedures (Annex E) - 18 Nov 2010
- Gas Load Curtailment and Gas Rationing and Recovery Guidelines (Annex F) - 09 Jun 2010
- Victorian Energy Emergency Communications Protocol (Annex G) - 09 Dec 2014
- Single Industry Spokesperson Protocol for Gas in Victoria (Annex H) - 18 Nov 2010
Gas Load Curtailment and Gas Rationing and Recovery Guidelines
This document provides an explanation of the functions of AEMO to maintain the security of gas supply under emergency conditions. The process to implement load curtailment to maintain system security and the recovery is explained. The customer classes in each curtailment table are also provided.
NGERAC Emergency Protocol
Memorandum of Understanding in relation to the national gas emergecy response protocol for national gas supply shortages affecting jurisdictions with interconnected gas supply networks.
Victorian Gas Media Releases
Victorian Gas Media releases will be posted here in the even of an emergency. There are currently no media releases to announce.
This section is secured. Authorised users please click here >>
General Information - Restriction Notices
Victorian Gas Restriction Notices are only issued at the discretion of the Victorian Government. There are currently no gas restrictions in place across Victoria.