AEMO Work Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
Everyone at AEMO wants to contribute to a healthy, safe and sustainable work environment.
We place a high priority on the safety and well-being of our people. We are all conscious of minimising our corporate environmental footprint wherever possible, which is dictated to a large extent by our internal office based operations, business travel, property management and information technology systems.
An organisation-wide work health and safety and environmental (WHSE) management system supports the delivery of the WHSE outcomes and drives continuous improvement in this area.
The objectives, processes, procedures and accountabilities of our WHSE management system specifically require that everyone at AEMO:
- Are provided with healthy, safe and sustainable places and systems of work.
- Are resources appropriately to support the implementation of the WHSE management system.
- Are consulted with, and have the opportunity to provide feedback on, relevant WHSE matters.
- Are provided with, and undertake, WHSE training that is relevant to our roles.
- Are empowered to cease work if any individual considers that actions or instructions are unsafe.
- Fulfil our WHSE roles and responsibilities including legislative requirements.
- Support the recovery and rehabilitation of others in the event of work-related injury or illness.
- Are empowered to address and report unsafe practices and hazardous situation.
- Understand the hazards and mitigate risks associated with our roles.
- Carry out our activities in a manner that does not present a risk to ourselves, others, and wherever possible, the environment
- Have timely access to relevant WHSE data and information that enables all of us to contribute to improving AEMO’s WHSE performance.
- Take necessary action to support external contractors (under our control) to comply with work health and safety legal requirements and AEMO’s relevant WHSE policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Take reasonable care with visitors to ensure their safety.
Work Health, Safety and Environmental (WHSE) Policy
13 December 2013 | filesize: 492 KB (.pdf)