AEMO Data Interchange
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
- Bundles for new installation of DI
- Installing a new DI
- DI Guides
- Electricity Data Model
- Gas Data Model
- PDR Batcher
- PDR Loader
- Replication Manager
- EMMS File Server Password Changer
Data Interchange (DI) is a set of cooperating applications to replicate data between AEMO’s Wholesale Market Systems and a participant’s RDBMS conforming to the Electricity and/or Gas Data Models.
Bundles for new installation of DI
For convenience, all the components necessary for a new installation of data interchange are bundled together into compressed files; each bundle is for a specific RDBMS and latest release of the Electricity and Gas Data Models.
The compressed files for the latest Electricity Data Model (v4.24) and Gas Data Model (v1.1) are:
- Data Interchange bundle for Oracle 11g v4.25 - Gas v1.2
- Data Interchange bundle for Oracle 12c v4.25 - Gas v1.2
- Data Interchange bundle for SQL Server 2008 v4.25 - Gas v1.2
- Data Interchange bundle for SQL Server 2012 v4.25 - Gas v1.2
Installing a new DI
The Guide to setting up a standard Data Interchange environment is a one page guide with the steps required to setup a standard DI environment.
Guide to setting up a standard Data Interchange environment
14 April 2014 | filesize: 109 KB (.pdf)
- Concise Guide to Data Interchange
- Guide to Troubleshooting Data Interchange
- EMMS Data Interchange Guide
The EMMS Data Interchange Guide provides an overview of:
- The components for managing, monitoring and replicating data between AEMO's Wholesale Market Systems (Electricity and/or Gas) and registered participant's wholesale market data stores conforming to the associated Data Model.
- The AEMO-supported replication mechanism, Participant Data Replication (PDR).
- Subscribing to an MMS Data Model Feed from AEMO.
- MMS Data Subscription Services User Guide
The MMS Data Subscription Services User Guide describes the web-based application allowing participants to:
- View a catalogue of all available files.
- Subscribe to the files containing the data you need, such as to populate your local database.
- Easily identify the files they are currently subscribed to.
- For some file types, download sample files.
- Unsubscribe from any files that are no longer required.
- Obtain the MMS Data Model scripts for building and then subsequently maintaining your own database (being the same as published on this page, plus immediately superseded).
Electricity Data Model
The Electricity Data Model is the definition of the interface to participants of data published by AEMO from the NEM system. A database conforming to the Electricity Data Model can contain a local copy of all current participant-specific data recorded in the main NEM database. The model is currently exposed as a physical model, so is different in presentation for each RDBMS. The Electricity Data Model includes database tables, indexes and primary keys. However, the same logical model underlies all the physical models published by AEMO.
The following documentation is for the Oracle physical model of the Electricity Data Model.
- MMS Data Model Report v4.25
- MMS Data Model Package Summary v4.25
- MMS Data Model Table to File to Report Relationships workbook v4.25
The relationships between the Electricity Data Model Tables and the files in which data is delivered to that table are detailed above:
The Gas Data Model is the definition of the interface to participants of data published by AEMO from the AEMO’s wholesale Gas Market systems. A database conforming to the Gas Data Model can contain a local copy of all current participant-specific data recorded in the AEMO’s gas market system databases. The model is currently exposed as a physical model, so is different in presentation for each RDBMS. The Gas Data Model includes database tables, indexes and primary keys. However, the same logical model underlies all the physical models published by AEMO.
The following documentation is for the Oracle physical model of the Gas Data Model.
- Gas Data Model Report v1.2
- Gas Data Model Package Summary v1.2
- Gas Data Model Table to File to Report Relationships workbook v1.2
The relationships between the Gas Data Model Tables and the files in which data is delivered to that table are detailed above.
The Participant Data Replication Batcher application (pdrBatcher) is responsible for moving files between remote and local folders. The software is multi-threaded and allows each thread to be configured to move a subset of files between specified folders.
The Participant Data Replication Loader application (pdrLoader) parses CSV files to load AEMO-supplied data into a local database instance implementing in the MMS Data Model.
The Replication Manager manages the configuration settings and monitors the status of the replication of data from AEMO’s systems to a participant’s RDBMS conforming to the MMS Data Model.
For details of installation see:
EMMS File Server Password Changer
Users of pdrBatcher need to routinely update their access password both on AEMO’s system and in the pdrBatcher .properties file. A utility to do both of these tasks is the EMMS File Server Password Changer, so ensuring consistency of password in both locations.