AEMO Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service (FCAS) Constraints in the NEM Overview
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
This two-day workshop explains how and why constraints are used to manage the power system, and the effect they may have on the market. It is designed for industry employees who want a working-level understanding of constraints and their impact on the NEM.
Workshop locations and dates 2016
City Date Melbourne 16 - 17 March 2016 Sydney 13 - 14 July 2016 Brisbane 16 – 17 November 2016
How to enrol
The course cost for eligible participants is $1760 per person including GST.
To register and pay for courses through a secure online payment gateway, visit the AEMO Learning Centre to create an individual log in, which will also allow you to access the AEMO eLearning and Education catalogues.
For further information, please contact Joe Cignarella via the AEMO Support Hub.
- Network and FCAS constraints.
- The network characteristics that determine constraints.
- How constraints are derived and formulated.
- The effect constraints have on dispatch outcomes.
- Where to find out more about how particular constraints affect your organisation.
Feedback from course attendees
- "Course well-structured and covered a hard topic in good detail and kept it interesting."
- "Fantastic venue, good variety of presenters & knowledge information base."
- "Thought the whole conference was done extremely well."
- "Covered nearly all aspects I had an interest in, and catered for all levels of understanding."