AEMO National Electricity Market Overview - Industry
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
This popular NEM Overview course provides attendees with a broad understanding of how the NEM operates, as a physical power system and a wholesale market for electricity. It has two parts, compulsory eLearning and a follow up face-to-face workshop with AEMO and industry experts.
City Date Canberra 25 February 2016 Sydney 24 March 2016 Melbourne 6 April 2016 Brisbane 12 May 2016 Hobart 2 June 2016 Sydney 23 June 2016 Melbourne 11 August 2016 Brisbane 15 September 2016 Melbourne 20 October 2016
How to enrol
The course cost for eligible participants is $880 per person including GST.
To register and pay for courses through a secure online payment gateway, visit the AEMO Learning Centre to create an individual log in, which will also allow you to access the AEMO eLearning and Education catalogues.
For further information, please contact Joe Cignarella via the AEMO Support Hub.
Course Content e-Learning
- Introduction to the NEM
- NEM regulatory regime and the Rules
- The network
- The power system and how it operates
- Market operation – spot pricing and dispatch
- Ancillary Services
- Financial Markets & The NEM
Face to face - 1 day
- The NEM: recap of e-Learning
- NEM network and the power system
- NEM spot pricing and dispatch
- Managing the power system using ancillary services
- The specifics of metering
- Settling the NEM – a case study
- A day in the life of a Generator
- A day in the life of a Retailer
Feedback from course attendees
- "Excellent course - one of the best I have been to."
- "Lectures were comprehensive yet at a level that anyone could understand and find relevant."
- "Very well organised, presenters were top-notch and well versed in their particular areas of experience."
- "Was a great course and I got loads out of it - thank you."