AEMO Procedure Change Management
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
Procedure Change Management
Part 15B of the National Gas Rules (NGR) sets out the process to be used in making (or changing) Procedures, and requires that AEMO establish an "approved process" to be used for this purpose. The approved process is a consultative and inclusive process designed to ensure that any change to the Procedures is developed and implemented with due regard to impacted stakeholder concerns. Any stakeholder is provided the opportunity to participate in the consultation for the development of a Procedure change before AEMO approves any change.
The approved process is used for all Procedures governing gas markets operated by AEMO, and includes the Natural Gas Services Bulletin Board, all wholesale markets (Victorian Declared Wholesale Market and Short Term Trading Market), and all retail gas markets.
Approved Process under Rule 135EC of the National Gas Rules
29 Jun 2010 | 4.40 mb (.pdf)
Please review our IT Change Management area for more information regarding AEMO's bi-annual release cycle.
AEMO has generated a number of templates for proponents to use in relation to a gas market issue they wish to canvas at a relevant consultative forum, or any proposed Procedure change they wish to have evaluated. Completed templates are to be forwarded to AEMO as follows:
- Retail markets : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wholesale Markets : email@example.com
- Bulletin Board : BBO@aemo.com.au
- Short Term Trading Market : firstname.lastname@example.org
The templates are listed below:
- The Gas Market Issue (GMI) template allows a Participant to raise an issue to be addressed. This may or may not result in a Procedure change proposal.
- The Proposed Procedure Change (PPC) template allows a Participant to propose a Procedure change. Registering this template initiates the formal change processes defined in the Approved Process under the NGR.
- The Stakeholder Assessment Form (SAF) is a document used by stakeholders to provide AEMO with cost / benefit data that AEMO will use, in summarised form, in the development of the "Impact and Implementation Report" as required by the NGR.
Open Gas Market Consultations
Please access Open Gas Market Consultations for more information.
Closed Gas Market Consultations
Please access Closed Gas Market Consultations for more information.
For older closed consultations please contact the AEMO Information and Support Hub.