AEMO 2009 Gas Statement of Opportunities
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
2009 Gas Statement of Opportunities
The 2009 Gas Statement of Opportunities (GSOO) published by the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) was the first national statement of opportunities for the gas industry.
Developed in association with industry stakeholders, the GSOO aims to assist existing participants and new investors in making commercial decisions about investment in infrastructure or entering into contracts in the Eastern and South Eastern Australian gas industry incorporating:
- The Australian Capital Territory;
- New South Wales;
- South Australia;
- Tasmania; and
The 2009 GSOO includes:
- information for the 10 years after the year of publication, incorporating:
- natural gas reserves;
- capacities and constraints of production, storage and transmission facilities;
- projected annual and peak day demand for natural gas for each demand zone; and
information for a further 10 years relating to natural gas reserves and annual demand for natural gas.
The 2009 GSOO provides views about the potential future balance of natural gas supply and demand using three economic scenarios:
- low growth;
- medium growth; and
- high economic growth.
These scenarios are speculative and are intended to indicate how natural gas demand and reserves may develop.
For this 2009 GSOO, projected gas reserves under the low, medium and high economic scenarios are sufficient to meet annual demand projections to 2029 including LNG export for Eastern and South Eastern Australia.
However there are areas where demand for gas will increase and constraints will emerge in the next 10 and 20 years.
The 2009 GSOO can be downloaded from following links:
- 2009 GSOO Report (does not include Executive Briefing)
- 2009 GSOO Executive Briefing
- 2009 GSOO Video Presentation (please allow a few minutes to download - file size 100mb. Right click on link to download)
- 2009 GSOO Video Presentation (mp4 version. Right click on link to download)
- 2009 GSOO Video Presentation (ipod. Right click on link to download)
- 2009 GSOO Video Presentation (iphone. Right click on link to download)