AEMO NEM Event Direction to Basslink 11 April 2013
In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
NEM Event Direction to Basslink 11 April 2013
At 1040 hrs on 11 April 2013, AEMO issued a power system security direction to Basslink Pty Ltd to turn off the Basslink frequency controller after advice that Basslink could not transfer FCAS due to an inter-site communications failure. The direction was cancelled at 1638 hrs that day after communications were restored.
AEMO advised the direction was for ‘Other Service’ and that no compensation is payable.
This purpose of this report, as required under clause 3.13.6A of the National Electricity Rules, is to:
- Explain the need for a direction
- Estimate its market impact
- Assess AEMO’s compliance with the processes for market notification and intervention; and
- Identify any improvements to those processes
- For further information on this document, please contact: Ross Gillett, Market Operations and Performance
BASSLINK: 05 Aug 2013
05 Aug 2012 | 782.59 KB (.pdf)