In this section
This is an archived page
Back to previous page
This page will no longer be updated, as all information and documents have been made available on the Using Energy Market Information Systems webpage.
- Access to Market Systems
- AEMO General
- EMMS - Data Interchange
- EMMS - MMS Data Model
- EMMS - Participant Data Replication (PDR)
- EMMS - Replication Manager
- EMMS - Bidding
- EMMS - NEMDE Queue
- MSATS - User Interface Guides
- MSATS - aseXML
- MSATS - Participant Batcher
- MSATS - Web Services
- MSATS - Bulk Data Tool
- B2B - Validation Module
- B2B - Mapping to aseXML
Feedback is welcome regarding these publications (directed to the AEMO Help Desk). Periodically, updates are intended to be published as deemed appropriate.
The Guide to Market Systems - Gaining Access is to:
- Assist intending registrants with information relevant to decisions made before submitting a registration form to AEMO.
- Provide details of entitlements for network connectivity to MarketNet, including bandwidth and types.
- Provide basic information on some key issues that may arise from corporate actions, such as a merger or acquisition.
Guide to Market Systems - Gaining Access v6.03
15 Dec 2011 | filename: Guide-GainingAccess v6.03.pdf
The intention of the Guide to Market Systems - Maintaining and Extending Access is to provide high-level, summary information about AEMO's IT systems, to assist participants with decisions about usage of the data interfaces to AEMO's systems.
Guide to Market Systems - Maintaining and Extending Access v1.01
06 Jul 2011 | filename: Guide-MaintainingAndExtendingAccess.pdf
This guide provides a summary of the web applications available in the Electricity Market Management Systems (EMMS) Web Portal.
Electricity Market Management Systems (EMMS) Web Portal Applications v1.04
21 Jul 2011 | filename: EMMS Apps v1.04.pdf
Change Notice 801 announced the retirement of NetBIOS as a supported protocol for file transfers between participant systems and AEMO Electricity Wholesale and Retail market systems. This note gives some tips for participants to make the changeover.
Changeover from NetBIOS to FTP v1.0
18 Feb 2011 | filename: 0300-0009.pdf
AEMO CSV Data Format Standard
22 Dec 2010 | filename: 0300-0008.pdf
AEMO's IP Addresses for Participants v3.00
01 Apr 2011 | filename: 0300-0011.pdf
Changing your Password on the Participant Server v8.0
20 Oct 2011 | filename: Changing_Password_PS_v8.0.pdf
Web Portal Login User Guide
21 Jul 2011 | filename: Login UG.pdf
For details of bid formats and validation, see
AS Re-Offer Bid Format and Validation
12 Mar 2010 | filename: 0320-0021.pdf
MTPASA Bid Format and Validation
14 Sep 2009 | filename: 0320-0022.pdf
Participant Input Interface Energy-MNSP-FCAS Bid File Submission v3.1
13 Feb 2012 | filename: Participant Input Interface Energy-MNSP-FCAS Bid File Submission.pdf
NEMDE Queue Users Guide
30 Jun 2009 | filename: 0350-0001.pdf
NEMDE Spreadsheet Viewer Release Notes
17 Sep 2009 | filename: 0350-0002.pdf
NEMDE Queue Spreadsheets
12 Nov 2008 | filename: 0350-0003.zip
Information regarding use of the MSATS system is detailed in the following participant user interface guides.
MSATS Introduction Guide v9.04
13 Oct 2011 | filename: MSATS_Intro_v9.04.pdf
MSATS User Interface Guide v9.09
16 Apr 2012 | filename: MSATS_UIG_v9.09.pdf
MSATS Participant Rights Administration User Interface Guide v9.04
13 Oct 2011 | filename: MSATS_PA_Rights_v9.04.pdf
MSATS B2B User Interface Guide v9.06
13 Oct 2011 | filename: MSATS_B2B_UIG_v9.06.pdf
MSATS Ombudsman Enquiry User Interface Guide v1.03
13 Oct 2011 | filename: MSATS_Ombudsman_UIG_v1.03.pdf
Transition of aseXML Version User Guide
21 Sep 2009 | filename: 0330-0175.pdf
For the software package and documentation compliant with build 46.79, download:
Participant Batcher v2.0.4
15 May 2012 | filename: 0330-0284.zip
Participant Batcher User Guide v2.08
08 Apr 2011 | filename: 0330-0238.pdf
AEMO's Web Services offers a new layer of interaction with AEMO's systems. It is an additional option to AEMO's web portals, and batch or file interfaces for system-to-system interaction with AEMO's systems.
For the software package and documentation, download:
Web Services Java Software v1.02
15 May 2012 | filename: webServices_Java_v1.02.zip
Web Services Microsoft .Net Framework Software v1.00
13 Oct 2011 | filename: webServices_MSdotNet_v1.00.zip
Web Services User Guide v1.03
09 May 2012 | filename: Web Services User Guide v1.03.pdf
In addition to introductory material and references, the “Technical Guide to Population of Customer Classification and Threshold using BDT in MSATS” includes:
- Background for the need to use the Bulk Data Tool (BDT) for population of the Customer Classification and Customer Threshold in MSATS.
- Details of the file structure and validation rules for supply of data, including sample files.
- The operation plan as at the time of publication of this document.
Technical Guide to Population of Customer Classification and Threshold using BDT in MSATS
10 Apr 2012 | filename: 0640-0086.pdf
The “Technical Guide to Bulk Data Tool in MSATS” is to:
- Describe the Bulk Data Tool (BDT).
- Show the relationship between the aseXML data for BDT and the processing of that data.
- Provide a reliable reference for the intended usage of the aseXML elements relevant to the BDT.
Technical Guide to Bulk Data Tool in MSATS
10 Apr 2012 | filename: 0640-0087.pdf
For the current software package complying with MSATS build 46.78, Change Notice series 834 - Nov 2011, download:
Validation Module Software 1.0.22
13 Oct 2011 | filename: ValidationModule1.0.22.zip
For the user guide, download:
Validation Module User Guide v1.11
13 Oct 2011 | filename: ValidationModule_UG_v1.11.pdf
The refocus of the content of the "Electricity B2B Participant Build Pack" includes being functional, consistent, simple, maintainable, clear and usable. The change of name to "B2B Mapping to aseXML" reflects:
- Functionality: the purpose is to map business terms to their implementations as aseXML objects, where the business terms are those used in the B2B Procedures and the aseXML objects are those in the aseXML release appropriate for the business context (as modified from time to time).
- Consistency: conform to the document intention expressed in the B2B Procedures, and remove duplication of material sourced from there and elsewhere.
- Simplicity: focus on the prime task of the mapping to aseXML for achieving the business outcomes and processes as described in the B2B Procedures.
- Maintainability: minimise repetition of material within the document.
- Clarity: the document is a reference, so it is repetitively structured and extensively cross-referenced (using hyperlinks).
- Usability: the document sequence is determined by business terminology, plus the aseXML objects are listed in alphabetical sequence by name. Searching by keyword is a standard feature for online reading of .PDF documents.
B2B Mapping to aseXML v1.02
28 Feb 2012 | filename: 0330-0273.pdf