National Electricity Market Overview - industry
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - industry
- National Electricity Market Overview - public
- Metrology for the NEM
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets
- WA gas retail market training
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
The popular National Electricity Market (NEM) Overview course broadly covers the NEM and its operational requirements.
- Introduction to the NEM.
- NEM regulatory regime and the National Electricity Rules.
- The network.
- The power system and how it operates.
- Market operation – spot pricing and dispatch.
- Ancillary services.
- Financial markets and the NEM.
Face-to-face one-day class
- The NEM: recap of e-learning.
- NEM network and the power system.
- NEM spot pricing and dispatch.
- Managing the power system using ancillary services.
- The specifics of metering.
- Settling the NEM – a case study.
- A day in the life of a generator.
- A day in the life of a retailer.
Attendees of the course will gain a broad understanding of how the NEM operates as a physical power system and a wholesale market for electricity.
$660 per person, including GST (industry members only).
City Date Adelaide 20 April 2017 Brisbane 18 May 2017 Hobart 01 June 2017 Melbourne 20 July 2017 FULL Perth 26 July 2017 FULL Perth 27 July 2017 Sydney 17 August 2017 Melbourne 23 August 2017 Brisbane 21 September 2017 Melbourne 19 October 2017 Sydney 01 November 2017
The critical nature of e-learning
Please be advised that the NEM e-learning contains base information that is critical for you getting the most value from the follow up face-to-face sessions. We highly recommend that all attendees complete as many e-learning modules as possible before the face-to-face session to capitalise on the information provided on the day.
How to enrol:
- Visit the AEMO Learning Centre.
- Create an individual log in.
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
- "Excellent course - one of the best I have been to."
- "Lectures were comprehensive, yet at a level that anyone could understand and find relevant."
- "Very well organised, presenters were top-notch and well-versed in their particular areas of experience."
- "Was a great course and I got loads out of it – thank you."
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.